DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    New Changes in Crew Chief Pro Software
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Changes in Crew Chief Pro Software
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Don Higgins Crew Chief Pro Software
posted
Crew Chief Pro Software customers here are some of the latest changes which will be available in tonight's update:

First, in order to make entering ET information easier, I've added the ability to enter whole numbers and let Crew Chief Pro adjust your reaction time for you. For example: I enter " 8 " in the Reaction Time field and press enter, Crew Chief Pro will change the value to .008 instantly. If you enter " 26 " and press enter, Crew Chief Pro will change it to .026. This is to speed up data entry for those of you who are decimal challenged... Take a look at the screen shots.

Now if you are RED by .006, all you need to enter is " -6 " and we will change the value to -.006 when you press enter. NOTE: This also works on the OPPONENT INFORMATION TAB on the Opponent's Reaction time.

Second, I changed the Text Messaging output to stay below the number of characters most providers require. What was happening was Crew Chief Pro customers would receive two text messages in a row. It took quite a bit of twisting of the output in order to prevent this from happening.

These changes will be in both the big car version, as well as the Junior Dragster version.

Many of my customers are unaware of a very important feature in Crew Chief Pro. You don't need Decimal places in any of the ETs or MPH fields. We will automatically put decimal points in the correct location after you press enter. For example, say your Eighth Mile ET time is 4.487, all you need to enter is 4487 and press enter and we will fix it for you. Same way on MPH.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Don Higgins Crew Chief Pro Software,

Crew Chief Pro 7.980. It is not an evolution in Crew Chief Software, it is a Revolution in Crew Chief Software
Drag Racing Software and Professional Weather Stations(309) 688-2990

Visit us on the web at http://www.crewchiefpro.com

Are you a Producer or a Parasite?

Author of the book, "But Who Will Save The Children."

Posts: 1386 | Location: Bartonville Illinois | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
You’re making it easier and easier! Great program and it works. Thanks.

BP

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4599 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
What do you suggest for a hot spot to text message me in the lanes? Another phone or an ATT mifi or what? Also is there any way to avoid paying an extra hundred bucks a month for that privilege?

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5328 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Thanks don

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1543 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TonyB6255
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cashflow:
What do you suggest for a hot spot to text message me in the lanes? Another phone or an ATT mifi or what? Also is there any way to avoid paying an extra hundred bucks a month for that privilege?

I use a Verizon MiFi. What is the extra hundred a month for? My MiFi cost me an extra $20 per month on my business plan.

Posts: 637 | Location: Rochester, WA | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Tony,

Can you have the Mifi turned off on a monthly basis? In other words just turned on for race season?

Posts: 5328 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TonyB6255
posted Hide Post
quote:
Tony,

Can you have the Mifi turned off on a monthly basis? In other words just turned on for race season?

I'm sure I could but I use it for my business year round when traveling. I am not tied to a contract on it.

Posts: 637 | Location: Rochester, WA | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I may have to look into it. The wind bit me third round in Vegas but having the weather right before the run still may not have helped me. It was a bit of a cross tail but switched to a straight tail wind and sped me up a little. And yes, I looked at the flags before we pulled up so it may not have helped me at all.

Sometimes it's nice to have the weather in the lanes when you get stuck by an oil down or another delay.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Frizie
posted Hide Post
hell, i still cant properly enter runs and have it save them ! Laughing Hard

Michael Frizie
ET 2471

Posts: 607 | Location: Winston, GA | Registered: April 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DRB Motorsports:

Now that's funny, especially since it is so simple a caveman could do it.

Follow these steps:
If it is a new run, Today's Run, click ADD NEW Run button up by the date. This will automatically put in today's date and next run number for you.

Now just type in the rest of the information and click SAVE.

If it is an OLD RUN, meaning NOT TODAY, simply enter the DATE of the Race and the Run Number for that day and fill out the rest of the info. Remember to SAVE it using the button.

Any questions call.

Crew Chief Pro 7.980. It is not an evolution in Crew Chief Software, it is a Revolution in Crew Chief Software

Posts: 1386 | Location: Bartonville Illinois | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Cashflow, I use a hotspot that costs $20 a month, or my wife's phone as a hot spot if she forgets where she put the hot spot the last time she used it...

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stk 758 BP!:
You’re making it easier and easier! Great program and it works. Thanks.

BP

Your team certainly has won quite a few races using Crew Chief Pro, including last week's Pomona race in Top Sportsman. Great job and thanks.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Frizie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Don Higgins Crew Chief Pro Software:
quote:
Originally posted by DRB Motorsports:

Now that's funny, especially since it is so simple a caveman could do it.

Follow these steps:
If it is a new run, Today's Run, click ADD NEW Run button up by the date. This will automatically put in today's date and next run number for you.

Now just type in the rest of the information and click SAVE.

If it is an OLD RUN, meaning NOT TODAY, simply enter the DATE of the Race and the Run Number for that day and fill out the rest of the info. Remember to SAVE it using the button.

Any questions call.

well that being said. ive been doing something wrong so it must be user error! Tip PC

yes im admitting im a moron.

Michael Frizie
ET 2471

Posts: 607 | Location: Winston, GA | Registered: April 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
If you click on the HELP MENU, then choose WATCH INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEOS you will get a menu.

Now choose the 5 Steps to an Accurate Prediction and watch it.

After that watch the New Features video.

You will be an expert if you do.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I use Consumer Cellular and I think I can get the hotspot for 15 a month.

Don, which hotspot are you using? CC uses ATT towers.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I use Consumer Cellular and I think I can get the hotspot for 15 a month.

Don, which hotspot are you using? CC uses ATT towers.

I use Verizon, but you should be able to use anything you can to get on line.