DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    GoPro style cameras
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

GoPro style cameras
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted
Watching the NHRA race Sunday saw several racers had GoPro style cameras on their helmets but pretty sure they were NOT GoPro.

Anyone know what brand they are? I have spent way too much money on the GoPros and they are just not that good.
There has to be a better option.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4191 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Since they’re made in China anyway why not just buy a knock off? I’m sure I’ll get slammed for that but……

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5328 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Didn’t see the race so maybe someone else can chime in on that, but what don’t you like about the gopros? I have a couple of hero 5 sessions that I like. They are a few years old now but the small form factor is great and video quality is good.

Posts: 736 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Nitzsche
posted Hide Post
I bought a Dragon from Amazon. It came with tons of mounting gear, two batteries, for $47. It is also remote controlled. I have not tried it yet though.

Posts: 1364 | Location: Lansing,Mi | Registered: March 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
What do I not like about GoPro? Well they are way overpriced and the batteries do not last long at all here in Texas heat. Sometimes the battery will not even last a full run. There is also quite a bit of fish eye in the lenses. They do not work good at night. (But no other camera works good at night.)

At the price GoPro charges they should be much better.

Really like to know what the Top Fuel teams were using last weekend.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

Posts: 4191 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
Friend has a set of sun glasses with a camera built in. You would never know it. Tiny lens right in the middle.

Posts: 1412 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
i cant believe they had cameras,thats not allowed in nhra unless something has changed

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1453 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusty:
i cant believe they had cameras,thats not allowed in nhra unless something has changed

That my understanding to yet there they were.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Camera rules are different for the pros…somehow it’s safer for them to have one mounted to the helmet than sportsmen racers…

Posts: 736 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 183N:
Camera rules are different for the pros…somehow it’s safer for them to have one mounted to the helmet than sportsmen racers…

Lol, But I do not know what kind of camera it was certainly did not look like the GoPros.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"