DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Weather station readings
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Weather station readings
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Would you expect a change in et if the barometer stayed at 29.77 but the da ranged from 900 to 2000ft during the day? The air temp went from 68 to 76f and water grains 64 to 83 as the day went on.

Posts: 12 | Location: england | Registered: April 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of BD104X
posted Hide Post
Too many variables to answer... depends on cubic inch, compression ratio, fuel, forced induction / naturally aspirated, etc.

Billy Duhs - BD104X@gmail.com

Posts: 648 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
472 Pontiac, 10.8-1, 85cc d port aluminium heads, 93 fuel, 850 carb, cowl hood.

Posts: 12 | Location: england | Registered: April 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
I don't think .05-.06 would be unusual. That's just based on DA, although it's been a real long time since I've run gas.

With my door car on alky, I'd be thinking about .04 just based on the water grains.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3202 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
yes , Tony is about right . Thats what mine does with that sort of da swing .

Tex

Posts: 71 | Location: Oz | Registered: March 16, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Don Higgins Crew Chief Pro Software
posted Hide Post
The DA math doesn't add up.

One degree in temp equals around 100 feet of DA for a quick reference ( depending on humidity and baro changes ). 8 degrees of temp change is about 800 feet, and you show 1100 foot change.

What did the humidity change during that time?

1100 foot swing of DA on a pump gas engine is about .055 to .085 in ET with normal jetting.

Crew Chief Pro 7.980. It is not an evolution in Crew Chief Software, it is a Revolution in Crew Chief Software
Drag Racing Software and Professional Weather Stations(309) 688-2990

Visit us on the web at http://www.crewchiefpro.com

Are you a Producer or a Parasite?

Author of the book, "But Who Will Save The Children."

Posts: 1386 | Location: Bartonville Illinois | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Ken MacNicol
posted Hide Post
.05 - .06 on my low 10,s Pontiac

Posts: 41 | Location: Hendersonville, Tenn. | Registered: December 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
That would be about .03-.05 for my ride...without the barometer moving.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1771 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ken MacNicol:
.05 - .06 on my low 10,s Pontiac

Length of the reacetrack would be another variable.

Posts: 1525 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Not to derail this thread, But. The OP does not list what is being used to measure weather. I’m looking to replace my 199x PerformAIRE with a new handheld model. What are those with “handheld” weather stations using and opinion on the ET predictor included?

Posts: 2610 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
Not to derail this thread, But. The OP does not list what is being used to measure weather. I’m looking to replace my 199x PerformAIRE with a new handheld model. What are those with “handheld” weather stations using and opinion on the ET predictor included?

John Bates has a cool phone app that is really good.

EZPredictor2

Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1771 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:

Computech RaceAir Pro. I had good luck with that before moving to the RaceAir Cloud.

As for phone apps I've yet to see one that uses local weather.

Denis LeBlanc

Posts: 495 | Location: Manchester, NH | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SP 124X:
quote:

Computech RaceAir Pro. I had good luck with that before moving to the RaceAir Cloud.

As for phone apps I've yet to see one that uses local weather.

John's app retrieves the nearest weather station data, OR, you can input your own gauge data.

BARO, TEMP, HUMIDITY %

Select Gas or Alky

Dave Cook
N375

DRR Trophy
Picture of Paul Dilley
posted Hide Post
quote:

Gone from a performaire eclipse to a computech race air pro, using one run preductuons, is a lot closer to the mark with methanol for me, i dont take it as an absolute.
I still check it with notepad and biro but it is close.
Cheers

Posts: 46 | Location: gracemere, qld, Australia | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
I had an Altronics weather station, but its no longer offered, obsolete. Weather was swinging wildly with it. Buddy got the Computech RaceAir Cloud, and when mine was all over the map, his was pretty stable. So I got one of the same. Last event I ran here was the first time I used it....was testing so didn't use it's prediction, but readings were very stable. Yes, conditions did change during the day, but it didn't make 1000ft swings every hour like my Altronics did.... I use CrewChief Pro for my predictions. It was all over the map too with the Altronics weather station, not a fault of the program though. Was VERY accurate with the computech, as I entered my runs from testing to see what it would show....

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1513 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post