DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    S-10 headers update question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

S-10 headers update question
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted
Racers, I have under construction what will be my personal S-10 bracket racer. I have mostly worked out the entire package except for the headers. I know what the market holds; I see all the posts and YouTube videos about them. There seems to be at least some issue with each offering. These are the things I will be running:

*A large front tire, I do not like a small front tire.
*A 383 SBC of around 600 horsepower that will require at least a 1 3/4 x 3 header, maybe a 1 3/4 x 1 7/8 x 3.5
*The stance will be slightly lower than the stock ride height.

Of all the options, the front exit of Schoenfield looks the simplest and is least likely to have issues. It is also reasonably priced.

Let me hear from y'all about this.

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1861 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
Can't go wrong with the Shoenfelds.
Although they seem to be very lightweight tube, they last a long time.
I had my new ones coated.
Great products from a good American business, reasonably priced.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1771 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post