DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Hughes Powerglide Dump Valve Kit?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hughes Powerglide Dump Valve Kit?
 Login/Join

<DOTracer>
posted
From the info I've seen, the external charge pressure dump is mostly intended for turbo applications to help keep from ballooning the converter and taking out the crank thrust. It also seems like the external will only alter converter stall by maybe 200-300 rpm.

Now internal dumps are where you can alter the stall more by starving the converter for fluid. With all of this, I really question how safe this is for the converter and trans.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DOTracer:
From the info I've seen, the external charge pressure dump is mostly intended for turbo applications to help keep from ballooning the converter and taking out the crank thrust. It also seems like the external will only alter converter stall by maybe 200-300 rpm.

Now internal dumps are where you can alter the stall more by starving the converter for fluid. With all of this, I really question how safe this is for the converter and trans.

I can't comment about the ballooning. I don't know. I would say the estimate of the stall increase is plausible. I have never tested it. It was not an earth shattering difference for my combination.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6441 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post