DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Pole Building costs
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pole Building costs
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
Ok I have been wanting one for years and gathering quotes from local contractors.

The one in the lead right now has very good reviews, Amish builders, and advertise a 60x40 three overhead doors, 12 ft walls, and 4" concrete with 7" footers for lifts for about 200/lift post. no insulation for about 51800.

I am having it finished on the inside, insulation, 16ft walls, 12x14 doors, and a 20x50 addition on the one backside that I can then drive my RV and trailer in. 20x50 will not be insulated at this time, concrete floor, however. Another overhead door separating the 20x50 from other area. Price without electric and leveling/escavating which I am getting quotes on. Building as described $108k

So 60x40, 20x50 - price fair, high, low? Central PA is the location.

Posts: 1438 | Location: St Marys | Registered: January 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
That sounds close. 30 x 40 x 15 steel building almost 39k. Insulation package and NO ELECTRIC. 2 big doors 14 x 13 in line so I can drive thru and turn around, one regular 10 x 10. 2 windows 2 man door. I will spend another grand outfitting electric in it I'm guessing.

I did a couple things I would suggest with the RV or anything heavy. I upgraded to 4000psi you can go to 4500 if you want. Most pour 3500 unless specified. I went with fiber and put steel mesh in it. Rebar and heavy mesh is the better but it can get pricey. I put 5" everywhere and 6.5" where the lift is going eventually. 1" makes a big difference in strength and I wanted it to hold up. I'm no expert I just wanted to make sure the RV didnt crack the crap out of my new garage so I tried to up the specs on the concrete. I have never had my own garage like this so it is a small dream come true. Make sure you have a solid temperature window when they pour. Good luck. Mine is almost done. Garage doors next week. Merry Christmas!

BG

Posts: 759 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I got a quote on one with loft std 2 x 4 construction and it was like 110k. Same size just 2nd level for storage and possibly an apartment at some point. Passed on that. Went basic steel building.

BG

Posts: 759 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I will say one thing about Amish builders around here, they are in mad hurry to get things up and trim and such isn’t the greatest fitting so depends on how well of finished product you want. A friend had them build one for him and he said he wouldn’t let them work on his house but ok for a garage.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
I've looked at a couple of pole buildings lately and how they are built. I would want to spec it out as far as how they frame it and how the trusses are placed and how it's roofed. My stick built building I screwed up and went 2' on centers with the trusses. I've seen pole buildings with the trusses 4' on center. Most don't sheath the roof and just place some thin foam insulation and then metal over it. They also just scab the headers on with a nail gun and set the trusses on them.

Posts: 1456 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Rob7181
posted Hide Post
I have had a couple built by local Amish and couldn’t be happier. My current one is 55x104 and is insulated with R21 in the walls and R38 in the ceiling. Do your self a favor and put 5/8 or 3/4” plywood on the walls up 8’ so you can attach what ever you want on the walls and paint it white. From 8’ up and the ceiling do it in white metal to reflect light. I hear and cool mine for around $100 a month with three 3 ton Mitsubishi mini splits. You never have too many outlets or too much light!!!

Rob Robertson

Posts: 961 | Location: Welcome, MD | Registered: December 06, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post