DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Challenge to all manufactures
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Challenge to all manufactures
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted
IKf you think you make tough almost bullet proof part and want to advertise as such. You need to seend me one or two to test, If you make it and I don't brake it.Then you can advertise ti with stood Chris McBride testing. Should sell like lot cakes,

Only person I know who can break a new starter so;enoid, a trans brake solenoid, two new fuel fittings and not sure about rest of car in one weekend. Bad part never even got down the track and only staged up once.
It really sucks to not even get down a track that you had et record for 8 or 9 years, A record you reset 5 times before being frist ever 3 second run. Was first call for match race show for 5 years.
WTH was I thinking about getting back into a sport that has worked me to death and bankrupted us twice? Figuratively anyway.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4190 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wideopen231:
I break a new starter so;enoid, a trans brake solenoid, two new fuel fittings and not sure about rest of car in one weekend. Bad part never even got down the track and only staged up once.

How does one guy l break so much shyt in 1 day. Holy Moly You should fire everyone responsible for putting this car together. Laughing very hard WhatEver

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 434 olds
posted Hide Post
Are you installing used parts? If it bankrupt you twice then it`s obvious you don`t know how to select parts or know what you are doing and if you`re watching you tube videos on how to do this, then you have bigger problems.

Worlds Quickest And Fastest 71 Cutlass On The Planet Earth

Posts: 536 | Location: Oak ridge, N.J | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
Not for nuthin but getting a drag car to make a few runs is no big monumental task

I can understand when s-h-i-t happens and you can get into a streak of issues but seriously......

I've had many cars in my long time in drag racing....and broken plenty of things BUT ...

You have to be honest with yourself and look in the mirror.....that's where you'll see your biggest problem.....

Your decisions and choices are your number one list of problems....

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
In the world there are two types of people:

People that talk about doing things

and People that actually do things.

Posts: 290 | Location: Midwest  | Registered: January 12, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
This^^^

quote:
Originally posted by SCDIV1:
Not for nuthin but getting a drag car to make a few runs is no big monumental task

You have to be honest with yourself and look in the mirror.....that's where you'll see your biggest problem.....

Your decisions and choices are your number one list of problems....

EXACTLY!

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Explanation of early racing and money take a small book.
No used parts.New JP-1 or TFX blocks, KB cranks. Biller new rods(never again) Brooks delta 88's after Miller bs. Venolia pistons. BAE heads. Little field then SSI blowers. Ran in the top half of the field with lots top four and more than one number 1 qualifier. So if not know what we were doing we sure as hell faked it well. Good enough I still get paid occasionally to work on teams.
The cost of running top alcohol does not come from broken parts it is from keeping new parts in. Like rods, every 15 runs, cranks every 40, rear gears every 40, and tires 10 or 12 runs. Springs every weekend. Spare blowers, spare mags 6 to 8, spare lenses. Nothing different from any of top teams at the time. We ran right with NHRA guys when we ran NHRA. Just concentrated on IHRA because closer to affording. At 200k per year we where still down aways from some we ran with and some we ran ahead of. Feeding crew and motel and travel.Pretty much same with anyone running points regardless the class road cost-wise.
Want to see how fast you can spend money? Go top alcohol for a mild taste of what fuel guys go thru. we spent 200k a year for 6 years and that was a lot less than some of the guys we matched or outran.

If you are leading points at mid season and all the way up next to last race and one round out then. Try saying hell cost to much to stay at it.

So bad choices. Guess in some opinions. In mine I would do it all again in trip sip, I would fix a few things that now know that caused issue. Different heads, SSI blower sooner and new valve springs every weekend and fu-- BAE advise on springs.. Like going all in.

That's a short version of the explanation of the first statement about bankruptcy, again figuratively. Not really filed bankruptcy just spent it as fast as could to stay in the game Only bad discission was not going to work on fuel team when we parked it for a while. At the time I would have had no problem getting on. Stupid do the right thing and noT walk away from a business that has paid for all of the racing and just go off and take care of only me. Screw how dad and rest of the family make it.Bad? Guess depends on your view.

By gthe way probably more explanation than my wife has recieved on the subject. Then was 10 years before her.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: wideopen231,

Posts: 4190 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
as for parts breakage last weekend. New HOP starter.Not saying it is there stuff. New FTI solenoid and already explained in thread on it that could be screw up on our part. Say anything you want I have never blamed broken stuff on other.

As the thread started out I can break anything and normally w/o trying,

Still working on what my bad choices have been part.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
HOW TO MAKE A MILLION DOLLARS DRAG RACING

START WITH 2 MILLION

Laughing Hard

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Yea, will work every time. Just be sure to start with two