DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    refill 10-ounce CO2 bottles
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

refill 10-ounce CO2 bottles
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted
Tell me about your equipment and procedure when refilling your 10-ounce CO2 from a mother bottle.

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1860 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of sr4440
posted Hide Post
Mother bottle has a "dip tube" so i leave it standing upright. Hook up hoses and fill the small bottle. If i use my other "normal" bottle, i flip it upside down. I use something similar to this.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/17589...tkp%3ABk9SR6rl2cypZA

Joe

Without data, you’re just another guy with an opinion.

Posts: 1307 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Rodney Pryor
posted Hide Post
If motherbottle pressure is below 1000PSI it gets the nitrous bottle heater.

The 10 ounce bottle goes in the freezer or the cooler to bring the pressure down.

I made some adapters for the mother bottle and 10 ounce bottle from the local welding supply store to convert them to 6AN - same as my nitrous refill hose.

I then connect the bottles and let them equalize. Sometimes I have to chill the 10 ounce bottle a couple of times to get it to take 10 ounces.

Posts: 123 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
I made a hose that i can fill my 10oz bottles from my 10 lbs nitrous bottles. Also, i use nitrous, and have less leaks

Jeremiah Hall

Posts: 728 | Location: Evansville, IN | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
I bought a adapter on ebay that connect 10 oz to mother bottle. As much as I screw up leavin g it on I need to carry refills with me Damn old drivers

I do put 10 oz in freezer over night before filling if can do.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4405 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Mother bottle line for filling from amazon and freeze the bottle being filled.

https://www.amazon.com/Machine...83864001722258&psc=1

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 1018 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post