DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    First gen S-10 w/SBC race headers
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

First gen S-10 w/SBC race headers
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted
For those of you racing a square body S-10 with SBC, what headers are you running?

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1860 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
When I had an S10 I used Hedman inside the frame rail headers. Didn't like them it was very tight. Couldn't get to oil filter, couldn't remove the transmission with them in.

Posts: 1525 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
2 words, custom headers, we can change every plug no problem, and take the headers off w/o removing the steering shaft costly but well worth the $$

Posts: 615 | Location: nw ohio | Registered: November 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I think this kit from ACP [formally Stahl Headers] will be a good idea for me

https://www.acpheaders.com/sb-track-tractor

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1860 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
Looks like that will be outside of the frame rails, Hedman makes some like that. Tires will hit on turns, I see directions say to use wheel stops.

Posts: 1525 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Eman, a limited turning radius is slightly inconvenient, but can be tolerated. I like a large front tire so I can expect some interference. The least intrusive of all designs is the Schoenfeld front exit but I have not seen those on a truck in person [I see the photos] don't know if I like that setup.

Larry Woodfin

DRR Trophy
Picture of Bad Nusz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Woodfin:
The least intrusive of all designs is the Schoenfeld front exit but I have not seen those on a truck in person [I see the photos] don't know if I like that setup.

Shopping for S10 headers is just....hard.

I thought at first the Shoenfeld front exit headers would be a great option, but do they not exit is just a really stupid location? Like half-way across the edge of the wheel well opening??

I'm not using a pair of Hedman units I bought new for 50 bucks at a swap meet.

Have you looked at turbocharger headers?

Lol, maybe build zoomies that exit straight up through the hood....

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Bad Nusz,

Posts: 377 | Location: Sioux Falls, SD | Registered: March 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of Bad Nusz
posted Hide Post

Posts: 377 | Location: Sioux Falls, SD | Registered: March 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of SuperPro54
posted Hide Post
Here is a set that GP Headers built for a friends S10

Posts: 113 | Location: Florida - Ohio | Registered: September 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post