DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Detroit Locker or Yukon Grizzly Locker?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Detroit Locker or Yukon Grizzly Locker?
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
Hey Mike I saw a guy go 4.10 about 185 ish with an LS with a hydraulic roller in a Regal. World record. Thought you might get a kick out of that. I run a solid roller 489 LS7 heads at 3800lbs in my Nova-full interior just no AC. 9.8 comp. 91 octane. Runs approx 6.80-103 mph. I have no Idea how much HP-I changed it over to big ceramic headers and E-85 fuel. Next motor gonna be 12-1/2. Maybe one day I could bracket race with you at SGMP-I live about 3 hrs from there. How far for you? I just get a bad headache trying to learn about converter slippage. I just call PTC and they take care of that.

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Footloose:
Hey Mike I saw a guy go 4.10 about 185 ish with an LS with a hydraulic roller in a Regal. World record. Thought you might get a kick out of that. I run a solid roller 489 LS7 heads at 3800lbs in my Nova-full interior just no AC. 9.8 comp. 91 octane. Runs approx 6.80-103 mph. I have no Idea how much HP-I changed it over to big ceramic headers and E-85 fuel. Next motor gonna be 12-1/2. Maybe one day I could bracket race with you at SGMP-I live about 3 hrs from there. How far for you? I just get a bad headache trying to learn about converter slippage. I just call PTC and they take care of that.

Regal-That's the guy with the YouTube channel. I follow him some as well.

PTC is a good one to ask, I have a PTC fast tree converter, it's a excellent converter. Kenny can build a converter for any form of drag racing.

That's gotta be pushing 650 - 700hp 3800 lbs. I'm 3.5 hours from SGMP. That sounds good, let me know, I'd like to check out your car.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
Mike that guy is John Doc.Yes I hope to try and race soon. Home track is only 12 miles away. Health issues have sidelined me for now. I could not race much now anyway-gotta wait for gas to go down. Are you shifting into high gear as soon as it leaves? Saw the high MPH Big Grin I always race what works for me. Smile

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Footloose:
Mike that guy is John Doc.Yes I hope to try and race soon. Home track is only 12 miles away. Health issues have sidelined me for now. I could not race much now anyway-gotta wait for gas to go down. Are you shifting into high gear as soon as it leaves? Saw the high MPH Big Grin I always race what works for me. Smile

Yes Sir, 3 tenths after transmission brake release shifting to high, while pulling 12 degrees timing simultaneously.

12 degrees is put back in at 2 or 3 seconds something like that.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
Thats cool Smile

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Anyone else racing today?

I'm getting this 3400 lb pump gas street car ready for a 6.20 lick, on a 255 DOT radial, n/a pump gas first trip down the track, driven through the gate at Sunshine.

It's almost ready can't wait.

Tagged and insured yesterday.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
She's a beauty.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
6.299999 is a 6.20 rip.

I think we'll go better than that driving through the gate.

But just saying.

Anyone else racing today?

I have a bunch left to do, to get this ready for a road trip to Sunshine.

Looking good so far though.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Found we had a bad strut last minute and missed Sunshine Wednesday night TnT.

If anyone from the Tampa area wants to make a rip next to this thing, this weekend, PM me.

1/8, 1/4, or from a roll it don't matter. We just wanna get some street action early.

Not looking to take any money from anyone either, unless we have to. We can do it for laughs.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Everything is 100%, waiting on Sunshine Wednesday night TnT.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Three circuit 80689 Dominator carb is turning out to be the right choice, light to light street driving, with a powerglide transmission.

With a little work the spark plug is looking really good.

It's 90% there.

Doesn't seem to use much fuel either.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I got the ignition box off the passenger side floor board, and took the mega 450 & Dixie Electric shift out. Those items are for sale cheap, cheap anyone needs em.

Waiting on the Forever Sharp brand steering wheel and pistol grip shifter. next couple days.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Saturday night special his & hers Kirkey seats.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Homebuilt engine, transmission, rearend and everything in between.

Pump gas, hydraulic roller camshaft

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Moved the fuel filter from the suction side of the belt driven BLP pump, to the carb feed side. It was losing fuel pressure after driving 2 - 3 miles by sucking the filter element in, impeding flow.

We discovered it on the way to Sunshine Dragstrip last Wednesday night.

Learn something new everyday.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Drove this to Sunshine last night, that place is pretty wild now with the highway right alongside the drag strip.

I predict that place will be a motorplex concrete palace at some point, unless this country goes full Venezuela.

It's all paved now too. It has all the makings of a killer little 1/8 mile dragstrip

Track prep was excellent too, track surface smooth..

Timing equipment is good too... Accutime II

Sunshine Dragstrip is a historical landmark registered in the Library of Congress DC, so it'll be there forever.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
This will get us 8 gallons (estimated 50 mile range) on this car. Sunshine Drag Strip is 27 miles from the owners driveway.

I've been having fuel pressure problems with this car, I've had the filter on both sides of the belt driven pump, just went from a 100 micron element to a 40 micron on Aeromotive's suggestion. This is a new fuel pump and I just put a new fuel pressure gauge on the car yesterday. Floats needed raised on observation, according to the new fuel pressure gauge idle pressure setting. Definitely running cleaner now at cruise rpm in high gear 2500 55mph 3.50 final gear.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I found a 12 bolt spin on lid that'll fit our 4 gallon fuel cell inexpensive on Amazon. The first I ordered the 12 hole pattern was wrong, had me sweating I'd be able to find one. I'm sure the cell is produced by globalists in China.

Anyway, we have a friend who's real good with tin, so we're gonna have him make us a custom piece to cap the top to move all the air through the radiator, powdercoat it black with a Chevrolet bowtie in the center. It'll look killer with the hood off.

This car has definitely exceeded our expectations in every way.

607 lb ft torque average from 4700 to 6700 rpm's pump gas.