DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Mounting on board air compressor?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mounting on board air compressor?
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
whose electric stop are you going to try?

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Alan Bracey’s brother had a Sunset stop. I got a smoking deal on it. Big Grin Wired up the relay for it yesterday. I called Kevin at K&R and he wanted me to use a relay.

The car is about ready for Vegas, headers and distributor is all I lack. Should fire it up today.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5313 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
ok good luck

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I can always use the luck! When do you guys start? Gatornationals?

There’s a big money race in Tucson this weekend but I won’t make that. My new wheels are supposed to be here tomorrow. I’m excited to see what they look like. I still have to cerakote the mounting rings on them.

Posts: 5313 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
No Gators for us, still have work to do on both cars. We will start the season bracket racing in April and through most of May with the first divisional at the end of May/memorial day weekend.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Drive down to Texas for the double divisional the middle of May and catch Reading on the way home! Big Grin

DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
I don't have a compressor, but I have mounted my coil, remote water pump, data sensors, and extra weight without welding to the chassis.

I made saddles to fit over the tubing and made my accessory mounts to weld to them. Then I put a thin piece of padding under the mount and use a stainless clamp to hold it to the car. Works great, no welding directly to the car and removable if you go a different way.

Just a thought.

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3309 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
No Gators for us, still have work to do on both cars. We will start the season bracket racing in April and through most of May with the first divisional at the end of May/memorial day weekend.

Well, I guess this makes it official...your cowardly big mouth isn't coming out West like said you would...chickenshyt weasel...

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4471 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
says the old man billy badass who's afraid to travel east of the Rockies to come make good on his many threats to kick my ass. All fingers no balls!

post the quote where I said I was coming to the vegas fling or STFU. You can't, I never stated it.

DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
Ed nobody wants to go to the **** hole vegas anyway lol

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1402 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
says the old man billy badass who's afraid to travel east of the Rockies to come make good on his many threats to kick my ass. All fingers no balls!

post the quote where I said I was coming to the vegas fling or STFU. You can't, I never stated it.

So when you said you'd come out west you didn't mean mean the Fling and divsional back to back..I guess it wouldn't make sense to get 2 races in one trip.

So let's be perfectly clear, what race you you ARE coming out for. That way your slippery little weasel rectum can't lie again..

Remember, I'm just an old man keyboard bully that has nothing and never done anything. So no reason to have a problem in coming out here to meet, and race eachother, right?

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4471 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:

Here you go Karen....

quote:
post the quote p u s s y or STFU loser

Here you go sissy mary.....

" 1320racer
DRR Elite
Picture of 1320racer
posted Dec 22, 11:33 AM Hide Post
Wrong

and I'm not going to argue it except to state the FACTS and the TRUTH which is to say that I've meet numerous racers that posts here and all but two of them, which include some that have debated me, have come up to me, introduced themselves and offered their hand. I went and introduced myself to TORQIN and despite our history towards each other here, I'm going to go out on a limb and say we will talk again and maybe even have a beer together one day soon. The other here is 183N and anyone that's been here for more than 5 minutes knows how our 2 encounters over the past 4 years transpired.

Soooooooooooo I've had no reason to say anything to their faces because not one of them chose to do that with me but if you'd like to be the first, you'll have your chance because I plan to be at The Strip in 2021."[/QUOTE]

So, what excuse are you going to come up with next eddie?

Dave

F J B

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
You’re an idiot, a troll and a loser. No wife no life! That reply was directed to B King and Nowhere did I state what event. Spitting

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Does anybody hear a loud squealing coming from their computer speakers??

Oh, never mind, it's just the little mouse eddie squeaking while trying to backpedal again...Kinda obvious Monica has told him he isn't going anywhere unless she gives her permission....

Dave

F J B

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
The idea with the saddles on the frame is a good idea for something that may not be permanent. I am doing that on my remote oil filter and that way I can move it or make changes easily.

For the air compressor mount the saddles deal may be a good option on your car.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4027 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
The idea with the saddles on the frame is a good idea for something that may not be permanent. I am doing that on my remote oil filter and that way I can move it or make changes easily.

For the air compressor mount the saddles deal may be a good option on your car.

Curly when I started using the saddles it was because if/when I sell the car the new owner will not have to cut off anything they don't want or need. And as you said, I had added 30lbs of weight to the nose that way, and when I blew up the blower motor I just removed not only the weight but the mount as well. No harm, no foul..

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3309 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Ed,

I fired this heap up today. Not so sure I’m gonna like that electric stop. It’s going to take some getting use to in order to remember to reset the box before I run. Kyle is young and has a good memory. I’m old and forgetful. Big Grin

I’m going to build a clamp to fit my air cylinder to the throttle stop bracket. That way I can swap it out easily.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Vern, don’t understand what is different as it relates to the box with an electric stop vs. an air stop

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cashflow:
Ed,

I fired this heap up today. Not so sure I’m gonna like that electric stop. It’s going to take some getting use to in order to remember to reset the box before I run. Kyle is young and has a good memory. I’m old and forgetful. Big Grin

Do you have a separate back up button Vern? If not that would prevent the timers from cycling.

I’m going to build a clamp to fit my air cylinder to the throttle stop bracket. That way I can swap it out easily.

Posts: 146 | Location: Left of Center | Registered: February 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
The air stop runs in the normally off position and the air pressure holds the stop open all the time except during the run.

You have to put the electric stop in the normally on position for it to hold the stop open. You can leave it (the throttle stop) closed all the time (normally off) and reset it to normally on right before you run which I thought that was how you guys were doing it. That way the solenoid is not energized all the time.

With air you just drive it like normal and nothing happens till you’re fixing to stage and you hit the Pro Stage button, accelerator pedal falls to the floor and engine goes full throttle as soon as you mash trans brake button.

I am so used to doing it this way I’m scared I’ll forget to set the box before I pull out of the lanes. I’m gonna try it in Vegas but I’m taking all the air stuff with me just in case.