DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Dominator question?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dominator question?
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
I bought a carb from a friend and it seems to work ok. But am curious why there isn't any intermediate air bleeds in the carb. I would think it would lean mixture. Just curios on thoughts of this practice. Thanks

Jeff McClure

Posts: 240 | Location: Texas | Registered: December 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
A brief summary..
https://www.tapatalk.com/group...ominators-t1060.html

And

https://www.onallcylinders.com...s-race-applications/

I have a 7320, when i get around to it, I'm adding the Wide BLP metering blocks.. Back in the day, i never had problems with the 7320. but technology has improved.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TD3550,

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Thanks TD3550. I appreciate the reply and the link. Thank You !!!

Jeff McClure

Posts: 240 | Location: Texas | Registered: December 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
As a side note: I would really like to see another "Carb Shootout" with OTB units. The last one was beyond interesting. Ya i know we don't race dyno's
lol.

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
I run two 1295 King Demon carbs on my 665" engine. Both were hard to tune and seemed to just not work. Converted them both to two circuit and now they are great! Easy to tune and responsive.....can't ask for more.

So I'm going to alky injection!!!

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1472 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mark. I'm headed to bracket finals next week and was trying to decide if I wanted to run my old 1300 or the 1150 I ran the last 3 races. And figure out jet. Going to be a 3500 to 4000 ft drop in DA.

Jeff McClure

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
Aside from 2 or 3 circuit. I always found this video interesting on pulses from John Kaase. His poor finger lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...nue=11&v=7Iq1B-2paCs

DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smokinjeff:
Thanks Mark. I'm headed to bracket finals next week and was trying to decide if I wanted to run my old 1300 or the 1150 I ran the last 3 races. And figure out jet. Going to be a 3500 to 4000 ft drop in DA.

I'd go with the carb that runs best and is easiest to tune. Also most consistent...I've kinda gotten into the bigger is better deal here though, lots of guys proving that bigger carbs can perform as good or better than smaller stuff, and just as or even sometimes more consistent. I was always told, any vacuum measured below the carb is hp left on the table....Just have to figure out which one does the best on your combo

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1472 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post