DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Odd problem with rear housing.....
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Odd problem with rear housing.....
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted
I have a brand new Mittler Bros 9" Fab housing that the ends aren't square by .050 on one end and .070 on the other side. Didn't catch it until I started installing the brakes. Out at the OD of the rotors it's off like .200 and .250......
My question(s) are do you think I can use the same ends or fuc it and buy new ones? My other question is who narrows rear-ends in SoCal/Ventura County?

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4467 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
yikes

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1401 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Bruce Williams
posted Hide Post
Dave I narrowed rears when I lived over there.
After getting screwed over royaly by Dave Tuttle I built my own fixture to do them my self.
I have no idea who is left doing chassis work over there. Out of 25+ million people over there some one has to beable to straighten your rear end out.

Bruce Lee Cool

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.

Posts: 2035 | Location: Chandler Arizona | Registered: August 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of FootbrakeJim
posted Hide Post
Dave, I don't know if you bought it direct, from a distributor, or 3rd-party, etc.
Have you tried contacting them to see if they would make it right/replace it?

Dan "Jim" Moore
Much too young to feel this damn old!!

Posts: 1039 | Location: Farmersville, TX  | Registered: December 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Send it back Dave.

As a second choice to fix it, Bob Meyer in El Cajon (619) 440-7701 can straighten it for a very reasonable fee. You might even get Mittler cover the cost.

If you decide to have Bob fix it I'll buy lunch, I still owe you.

Bob

Posts: 3083 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Mountain View Performance, PMR, Gary Hansen Racecars....

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 990 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I got the housing with a new dragster chassis kit/project I bought from an individual. The housing was still in it's shipping crate, so I assume it came from them wrong. But I wasn't the original purchaser so they owe me nothing. Besides it would probably cost as much for shipping to them as it would to have it fixed out here somewhere...

Bob, you don't owe me anything but I'd never turn down a free lunch lol...if I end up down that way I'll call you for sure..

Al, I called Gary and he said he can do it for a couple hundred IF he can re-use my ends....Also said he's had to fix Mittlers housings before....

I'll try to find someone closer to me for a day or two first...

Thanks for everyones info....

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4467 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post