DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Hauling a dragster and doorcar
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hauling a dragster and doorcar
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of bcMOD3X3X
posted
Recently bought a new to us 235” Racecraft dragster and was wondering if some people that hauled a dragster and doorcar in their trailer could post some pictures or provide any helpful tips. We have a 28’ Vintage Outlaw with 18” cabinets across the front. My plan is to back the dragster in onto a set of ramps to help give more space for the door car. I had a tube chassis Vega that we were going to put in the trailer with it but I wrecked the car beyond repair in the middle of July, so now the plan is to race the dragster next season while saving back for a new door car. I’m thinking that the next door car will either be a S10 or Camaro, based on the space that I should have under the dragster. Just curious if anyone has a similar set up. Thank you for any tips or helpful ideas.

Posts: 127 | Location: Oxford,MI | Registered: July 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
A Couple years ago I had this trailer built with a cross beam installed for a dragster lift. This is a 34', I designed it to haul both cars my golf cart a generator a pit bike and two drums of fuel. I also have a full size tool box and a full size 35 gal air compressor. I carry a generator on the back rug that is on the floor and for big events carry another drum of fuel on the other wall.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Bob Payton,

--------------------
Bob Payton
S/P, T/D, S/C, TOP
309Z, 393, 3093, 8X93

www.apdracing.com
www.diamondracecars.com
www.callies.com

Posts: 1994 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
BUY BIGGER TRAILER. I know not what you asked. The dragster alone will take 24'(235 wheel base + 30" nose and 18" of tire out back). The cabinet would have to go no question and even with drag ster front at ceiling I do not know if any chance of fitting it in. Would be tighter and more loading chore than I would want.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4456 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
We have a 28' +6" tall with no front cabinets. My dragster is 225" and my wife has a back half Cutlass with a cowl hood and it's extremely tight. There is plenty of room with our tube chassis Vega.

Denis LeBlanc

Posts: 498 | Location: Manchester, NH | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Three axle?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6442 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of bcMOD3X3X
posted Hide Post
2 axle. 5000lbs axles and 16” wheels

Posts: 127 | Location: Oxford,MI | Registered: July 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
My friend has a 28ft Pace with cabinets across the front and carries a 235in dragster and a 70 Chevelle in there. It is 1ft extra high.

Posts: 6262 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
So its safe to say a 28 foot trailer with 9 feet inside should be no problem. No cabinets in the front ??? 9 feet hight is a sprint car trailer

Posts: 10 | Location: NYC | Registered: November 06, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tony4569:
So its safe to say a 28 foot trailer with 9 feet inside should be no problem. No cabinets in the front ??? 9 feet hight is a sprint car trailer

Absolutely

Denis LeBlanc

Posts: 498 | Location: Manchester, NH | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of NC3x58
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bcMOD3X3X:
2 axle. 5000lbs axles and 16” wheels

This right here would be a no-go in my opinion.. any trailer with two cars (even two dragsters) should at least be triple axle, even if it's 28'... If you truly want to put two cars in one trailer, look into upgrading the trailer also with possibly going to a 30-32' to gain even more space and make it easier.

Nick Craig

1971 Camaro Split Bumper
376ci LS3

Posts: 410 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
My friend has a 28ft Pace with cabinets across the front and carries a 235in dragster and a 70 Chevelle in there. It is 1ft extra high.
Same trailer here with a foxbody.

Posts: 11 | Location: Central Oregon | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Packmule
posted Hide Post
Question, do most of you have CDL license or if not have you had any issues with the larger trailers?

Posts: 18 | Location: Southeast Missouri | Registered: January 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post