posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
quote:
Originally posted by TORQIN:
quote:
Originally posted by WHOMPWHOMP:
598 is hard to beat IMO...

Have 3 of them from SPANKY...good stuff!

I keep hearing 598 from people who seem to know but never heard why? I am a Small Block Guy so do not know much about it and would like to hear the reasoning.
To me the 598 is still short deck so you save a little weight strokes better so longevity and if ya builder knows what he’s doing it’s not gone be much slower

Posts: 1270 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Frizie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Spanky Do You use the 9.80 or 9.85 deck block for short deck 615s? What length rod do you use with that also? If you don’t mind sharing. Thanks

I was wondering the same , why choose the extra 0.50 deck? Mines a 9.850.

Michael Frizie
ET 2471

Posts: 596 | Location: Winston, GA | Registered: April 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DRB Motorsports:
quote:
Spanky Do You use the 9.80 or 9.85 deck block for short deck 615s? What length rod do you use with that also? If you don’t mind sharing. Thanks

I was wondering the same , why choose the extra 0.50 deck? Mines a 9.850.

Longer rod and/or compression height on piston

Posts: 102 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 19, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of sc4087
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Spanky@Wilson Race Engines:
I would do the 598 short deck. What you gain in power with 615 you lose in weight. Unless its a alum block. But you need to use a decent head with the short deck motor. Alot of piston speed needs a good head

This! my best running engine is my 598

Mike Greene

Posts: 509 | Location: Burleson, TX | Registered: March 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post