DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Front wheels weight
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Front wheels weight
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Food for thought. It seems noway 50 lbs off TF car will have same effect as it would off Super Stock. 10000 HP is not going to know it,but 450 HP engine will be going man what a relief. Kind of like 22 yo bodybuilder carrying his bride across the threshold and of us old guys carrying his wife across So now who what to tell her it is her weight.LOL

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
yea little political. So it use to be $100 per pound loss. Under Biden I guess we are going to have to raise that to about $150 per pound?

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wideopen231:
Food for thought. It seems noway 50 lbs off TF car will have same effect as it would off Super Stock. 10000 HP is not going to know it,but 450 HP engine will be going man what a relief. Kind of like 22 yo bodybuilder carrying his bride across the threshold and of us old guys carrying his wife across So now who what to tell her it is her weight.LOL

Or carrying a 120 lb bride vs a 450 lb bride. LOL.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6442 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
The ignore function. Use it.

Not directed at you Bucky, unless you use it. Ignore function is for the weak minded!

Harden up, cupcake is weak; not as weak as his on track performance. Wink

I use it and don't see it that way. I just don't want to read the drivel from two of our members most of the time. They destroy threads with constant commenting and poking at folks. And some folks just can't help but responding. I can at least clean up some of the drivel from otherwise good threads.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6442 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
Bucky pretty much everything that bolts to the axle flange including the axle was replaced with a light weight component with no discernable improvement.

Posts: 1257 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
As is always the case with bracket door cars that would be discussed here. That said, removal of unsprung and rotational weight will allow the car to work better providing the chassis/suspension is tuned for the weight loss.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 67TSCHEVY2:
Bucky pretty much everything that bolts to the axle flange including the axle was replaced with a light weight component with no discernable improvement.

Honestly, I don't know how much improvement there is to be had at that short radius. When you get into wheels, tires and tubes, that is where you have longer distances from center of rotation and greater influence. I'm just amazed that you were able to lose that much just with stuff bolted to the housing. And that the weight alone didn't show up at some level on the time slips.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I think we are comparing apples to oranges here .My gains in ET are on a low powered "337" in motored light 2320 lb. car not a big block high torque unit. And yes I have "it" on ignore-lol

The difference between ignorance and stupidity. Ignorance is lack of knowledge. Stupidity is the inability to learn. Don't be stupid

Posts: 426 | Location: des moines iowa | Registered: January 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Just dawned on me, We did find one thing we all agreed on. Front wheel weight is oinly weight and zero rotating mass effect. HOLY SHYT agreement on a thread!!

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
While we're on the front wheel topic, has anyone else seen guys running motorcycle front tires on bracket door cars?

I've seen it 2 times now on motormania. I'd say using motorcycle tires would more than likely be decreasing the rolling resistance due to tire profile, and would probably pick up ET. That style of tire would definitely speed up your lights, because less is on the ground.

They look terrible on a race car IMO, and I'd have to assume the weight rating on them isn't even close to where it should be. Especially in a wheelie situation.

Whats everyone elses thoughts?

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
No shock you’ve seen that in your area.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
No shock you’ve seen that in your area.

Not my area. Motor Mania on YouTube

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post