DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Bracket racing Nitrous
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bracket racing Nitrous
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of Little Chief
posted
I have a NOS plate system I am reinstalling in my bracket car. Never actually had it hooked up first time, but plan to use it this time around. For those that use it how do you like to control everything? My steering wheel is already to busy,the shifter has the money switch and the line lock. Just looking for ideas to mount the purge &,armed switch and the Nos switch. Thank you in advance

Posts: 240 | Location: Kilgore Texas | Registered: July 15, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I always thought the Horn Button in the center of the steering wheel was a great location for nitrous. Jeg has it there in his bracket wagon.

If it were me, I’d have my Grid arm the nitrous and one less thing to remember to do.

Posts: 2623 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Cant help you with button location. That will just have to be what's comfortable for you.

I personally have my nitrous power wired through my delay box with digital delay nitrous board. My nitrous system will only work after trans brake release and for about 5 seconds (time from start to finish line) So no chance of accident hitting it any other time. Purge button mounted on dash.

Stephen Liss jr

Posts: 330 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: April 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I had an arm switch and purge button mounted in the dash on my dragster and then red mushroom button on the steering wheel to activate.

------------------------------------------
"Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persist in his or her error."

"To achieve greatness, one must be willing to dance in the voids of chaos and strife to conquer their future."

Posts: 30 | Location: Deland | Registered: December 09, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Little Chief
posted Hide Post
I made my own bracket out of some carbon
fiber I had laying around. Just ordered a
purge kit and an activation button and cord from Summit. Hopefully will be set up soon. Thanks for the input folks

Posts: 240 | Location: Kilgore Texas | Registered: July 15, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Just for the sake of conversation on the subject:

Do you plan on using the nitrous during most of the run or just as a finish line strategy, like a scramble button?

How much HP are you planning to use with your plate system?

I'm hoping too eventually use a dry (EFI for enrichment) nitrous system with our ProCharged combo. Mainly for a scramble button around the finish line, but also on other areas of the track.

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2714 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Little Chief
posted Hide Post
For me just as a finish line asset. Almost always if you're late you're done but just maybe this strategy could increase the odds a small amount. I will start with a 150 shot.