DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    S-10 Chassis Guru's?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

S-10 Chassis Guru's?
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
On my new build. 95 S-10 S/St. Looking for a way to lower the truck. SBC, powerglide, 8.8 rear with caltarcs. Very original right. Anyway. What would be an economical way to lower both the front end and rear. Can a 1 to 2" lowering block be safely used in the rear. Note, I have removed all but the two long springs. I have considered using the 2" drop spindles but have heard many conflicting theories in a previous post. Currently the front springs are the original springs (originally a 2.2 engine). The future powerplant will be a 383, aluminum heads. When the mockup engine/trans was installed (steel heads) the front end did not sag at all nor has the rear. As a side note the truck was gutted to remove as much weight as possible, interior is all aluminum. Suggestions, recommendations.

Posts: 700 | Location: At the beach | Registered: August 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of HS professor
posted Hide Post
Mine has 2" Belltech drop spindles and Viking coil overs up front and 2" drop calvert split mono's PLUS a 1" lowering block in the rear to get the look I was going for. It's got a 28" front and a 30.5" tall rear tire.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Monroe twp nj | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
That's one slick ride!

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2545 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post