Bracket Talk
EZ GO engine source

This topic can be found at:
https://drr.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/80760912/m/8817035496

October 03, 2020, 09:35 PM
Rob7181
EZ GO engine source
Buddy needs a new EZGO engine, anyone have a good source to get one? I use to use Motors and More, but they seem to have gone out of business.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Rob7181,

Rob Robertson
October 03, 2020, 10:55 PM
imakehp
Do you need an EZ-Go engine or motor?

Dave

F J B

October 04, 2020, 08:27 PM
Rob7181
Dave,

Sorry, I need an engine. I fixed it above.

Rob Robertson
October 05, 2020, 06:08 PM
pivotdoc
WAFG on my part, thinking EZGO may have Kawasaki engine?
October 06, 2020, 05:16 AM
Rob7181
Pivotdoc,

It’s unfortunately a Robin 295cc engine.

Rob Robertson
October 06, 2020, 08:16 AM
Big Steve
You might try Buggies unlimited, I have bought from them in the past and always had quick shipment and fair prices

https://www.buggiesunlimited.com/
October 06, 2020, 01:30 PM
willys1191
Vegas Carts Bolt in aftermarket Engines.

vegascarts.com
October 06, 2020, 10:11 PM
Bruce Williams
I would second the Vegas cart engine swap.

Bruce Lee Cool

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.
October 07, 2020, 05:42 AM
topd1332
quote:
Originally posted by Rob7181:
Pivotdoc,

It’s unfortunately a Robin 295cc engine.

I been looking for 1 this week because mine broke a rod on Sunday and had 0 luck ended up buying another cart and swapping motors.
October 07, 2020, 06:26 AM
Cashflow
I think that Briggs Vanguard swap might be the way to go. One thing about it, it should speed up quite a bit!

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......
October 07, 2020, 07:07 AM
Rob7181
This is for a buddy who broke a rod as well.

Rob Robertson
October 07, 2020, 08:12 AM
TonyB6255
Breaking a rod in those engines are fairly common. I went to a Yamaha cart and will never own another EZGO
October 08, 2020, 07:45 AM
topd1332
I bought another cart and switched motors and am having the old one rebuilt. Should be done in about a week or 2 and could be for sale
October 08, 2020, 01:30 PM
FootbrakeJim
Golf Cart King still sells a new crank/rod assembly for the EZ-Go Robin 2-stroke, for $159.95

Golf Cart King EZ-Go Crankshaft Assy

Thinking I should buy one now for a spare Big Grin
(My 38 year old EZ-Go bottom end may not last forever).

A tip that may help those who have one of these vintage 2-stroke carts: Do NOT go by the Mfr recommendation for gas/oil mix, (my 1982 cart has a sticker that specifies 1 Oz of oil per gallon of gas. That is a really weak ratio of 128:1).
A typical golfer may not even get a cart up to top speed, and if they do, it is for a very short time. My cart survived several seasons at Bandimere Speedway in Colorado, which is carved across the face of the mountains, with all pits on the upper side. Like many tracks, the return road from turnout all the way to the lanes is a straight shot that is probably close to a mile long. Not saying I ever exceeded whatever the speed limit is on that road, Smile but I always pitted right by the turnout, and made countless runs to the lanes and back. The poor thing has also been entered in pit vehicle races, etc. Do your cart a favor, for how little fuel they burn - use a high-quality SYNTHETIC 2-stroke oil like Lucas, (not the generic $1 crap you put in a weed whacker or leaf blower). And boost the ratio to at least twice what is recommended. I use a 50:1 mix, it really doesn't smoke at all, and has never fouled the same spark plug that was in it when I bought it 6 years ago, (Goodness knows how old it really is). If you consider the fact that 2-stroke crank & rod bearings receive absolutely No pressurized lubrication, only what little oil the fuel mixture deposits on them, it just makes sense to help it out some.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FootbrakeJim,

Dan "Jim" Moore
Much too young to feel this damn old!!
November 17, 2020, 04:08 PM
Rockyroads
I would check local classifieds as well. Sometimes you can get lucky with someone selling a cart who doesn't know any better and you can find one with the motor you need. Or ask your local shop. They usually have vendors. As mentioned above for parts like rods, brackets and mounts there are a number of quality businesses online. I always use Golf Cart Garage but BU and GCK are good too.

https://www.golfcartgarage.com
November 18, 2020, 06:39 AM
mavman
EZ-GO is inferior in a lot of ways. Electric and gas both. I have been working on a lot of them lately. Lot of folks don't fix them and buy new yamaha. Sitting here looking at an electric unit. 36v. They run the wiring around the frame and it chaffs, then shorts the wire to the frame. Seen it several times. You'd think they (EZgo) would be smart enough to know.