Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Cam Motion Cams
 Login/Join
 
DRR Top Comp
posted
Anyone seen a list BBC Cam Motion cams online, or happen to have their cam catalog?

All I could find was LS cams online.

A friend has a Cam Motion BBC 8620 billet core solid roller cam 294-304 112 only legible markings collecting dust, he told me to take.

I'm planning a custom 496 pump gas cam, using this core.

I need to know what it is to see what Lunati or Cam Motion can do with it.
 
Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bad News
posted Hide Post
I know I have one in my old computer that runs xp. Have not seen a recent one in some time. LS is the big popular currently, but they still grind BBC cams. Just had a meatball/mushroom cam ground last year, 290/308 114 .490 and it works just fine.
Used their cams for prob 10-12 years, always nice quality.
Call Bob and ask about your core, he should know.
 
Posts: 868 | Location: ft laud | Registered: September 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bad News:
I know I have one in my old computer that runs xp. Have not seen a recent one in some time. LS is the big popular currently, but they still grind BBC cams. Just had a meatball/mushroom cam ground last year, 290/308 114 .490 and it works just fine.
Used their cams for prob 10-12 years, always nice quality.
Call Bob and ask about your core, he should know.



Thanks Bad News, I actually did speak with Bobby and Steven yesterday, turns out Cam Motion has a field office not far from me, and I use the same dyno they do their LS stuff. Steven whipped up the 10:1 compression 496 specs I am looking for within a matter of minutes on a 8620 billet core he could've had on my way in a week or so. I had already ordered a Lunati I wasn't super thrilled about, not knowing Lunati could do a custom cam as well, no problem. I almost pulled the trigger on the Cam Motion BUT, thought let me see if Lunati can do something special grind. This is what Alex and I at Lunati came up with.

I'm pretty stoked about this one, cant wait to get this on the dyno with a JESEL belt drive for adjustment!

Also, I've used Cam Motion in the past, I agree with you, high quality. I won't be afraid to work with Steven in the future at all, if need be.


 
Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
If I can make 585 pd ft tq at 6800 rpm 10:1 compression ratio 496, it'll make 750 hp plus at 6900 rpm.

We've already made 556 pd ft tq at 6700 rpm with a Crower hydraulic roller camshaft, same exact combo with a lesser Track Warrior intake (ported). I got a Edelbrock Victor Jr 454 in the works for this unit (ported).

Can't wait!
 
Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Short rectangular port on these heads, I think 750 hp at around 6800, 6900 rpm's, is about all they'll do,,, plus or minus 20 hp.

750 hp plus, it'll be a helluva thrill ride sitting in your garage, you can jump in any time you want. The guy with the third gen Camaro is having a blast with his 496 pump gas engine.

They're on their way to the Turkey Rod runs in Daytona Beach next week.



 
Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Not BBC, but they spec'ed/supplied a cam for my gen3 hemi, hydraulic roller of course. I went 6.18@109 at 3250lbs with it today.


272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.
 
Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by "The Bender":
Not BBC, but they spec'ed/supplied a cam for my gen3 hemi, hydraulic roller of course. I went 6.18@109 at 3250lbs with it today.


Pretty damn good.

I was told today Cam Motion specialize in Hemi, LS,,,, modern stuff.
 
Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post



DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
496 block came out nice!

 
Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
quote:
Originally posted by Bad News:
I know I have one in my old computer that runs xp. Have not seen a recent one in some time. LS is the big popular currently, but they still grind BBC cams. Just had a meatball/mushroom cam ground last year, 290/308 114 .490 and it works just fine.
Used their cams for prob 10-12 years, always nice quality.
Call Bob and ask about your core, he should know.



Thanks Bad News, I actually did speak with Bobby and Steven yesterday, turns out Cam Motion has a field office not far from me, and I use the same dyno they do their LS stuff. Steven whipped up the 10:1 compression 496 specs I am looking for within a matter of minutes on a 8620 billet core he could've had on my way in a week or so. I had already ordered a Lunati I wasn't super thrilled about, not knowing Lunati could do a custom cam as well, no problem. I almost pulled the trigger on the Cam Motion BUT, thought let me see if Lunati can do something special grind. This is what Alex and I at Lunati came up with.

I'm pretty stoked about this one, cant wait to get this on the dyno with a JESEL belt drive for adjustment!

Also, I've used Cam Motion in the past, I agree with you, high quality. I won't be afraid to work with Steven in the future at all, if need be.


We were going through out inventory of parts yesterday for our Bonneville Salt Flat Motor. The cam was ground back in the late 80's from Cam Motion. We dealt with the founder back then, Kip. Guess I need to call Bobby or Steven & get the cam specs; grind number is on the box, but no cam card. This is a specialty core for our Dart Buick 10-degree heads for a screaming small cube SBC.

2BKing


1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436
 
Posts: 2581 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata  
 


© DragRaceResults.com 2024