DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Rotating Hooser Slicks ?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rotating Hooser Slicks ?
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
I've always rotated my slicks about 25-30 passes I cant tell any difference on Hooser. Anyone else rotate their Hoosers ?
Thanks

Posts: 46 | Location: Lubbock TX | Registered: December 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Do they wear uneven, why rotate?

I had a 12 bolt ladder bar in my Nova that lost suspension settings all the time, I rotated Hoosier 29 x 10's. It wore the tires uneven.

Other than that I can't think of a reason to rotate.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Dean:
I've always rotated my slicks about 25-30 passes

Why?

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of BD104X
posted Hide Post
I don't take them off specifically to rotate them at any set interval, but whenever the wheels are off to clean or service anything I swap them. Never notice any real difference either way.

Billy Duhs - BD104X@gmail.com

Posts: 626 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
What Hoosiers are you running David?

Posts: 46 | Location: stonypoint,nc | Registered: October 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone,Ill probably leave them alone.
14.5x32w Hoosiers

Posts: 46 | Location: Lubbock TX | Registered: December 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of TheBlueTruck
posted Hide Post
I rotate mine by turning them over on the rim. If you change the rotation you turn the sidewalls to chit.

Regan Wilson Super Street 469C

Posts: 297 | Location: Tyler Texas | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
why?

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Blue Truck you turn them over on the rim please explain because if I understand you correctly then what are you accomplishing by what you’re doing

Posts: 387 | Location: Natick MA | Registered: November 15, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I know a guy that I think he breaks the tires down off the rims and rotates them after every race. Crazy and I do not know why but it works for him. It got him a division win and a trip to Las Vegas finals this year. He wins way more than most of us do so what ever it is he is doing something right.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4001 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of TheBlueTruck
posted Hide Post
Top355. I failed to mention I rotate from one side to the other in the process. My slicks wear a little on the inside. Flipping the slick over before hand I keep it moving in the same direction.

Posts: 297 | Location: Tyler Texas | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
why?

DRR Trophy
Picture of TheBlueTruck
posted Hide Post
Because they are mine and I can do what I want. lol

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
So you’re doing it to just even out the wear so I did understand what you’re doing

Posts: 387 | Location: Natick MA | Registered: November 15, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of TheBlueTruck
posted Hide Post
Yes Sir

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Any thoughts as to why they wear unevenly?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6394 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of TheBlueTruck
posted Hide Post
I don't know. My truck is heavy and has a lot of power. I'm not sure if my Dana rear flexes or not.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheBlueTruck:

Absolutely, you can waste your time as you see fit.

Meanwhile, I use indisputable data to make my decisions...the TIME SLIP which has shown me over 3 decades that my 60 foots vary .00x from pass to pass, from the first hit on new tires to the last hit I make on my tires, many times running EXACTLY the same 60 foot to the thousand, before retiring them from service which totals upwards of 175 passes on my 3200 lb. door car and upwards of 300 passes on my 2005 lb. dragster and there is still wear holes showing on the slicks from both cars. Further the data on my time slip is supported my the data retrieved after each pass, downloaded from my Racepak Data recorder.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
Rotate here about every 25-30 runs. Cleans up the
Scuff on the tires edge In/out. After doing some minor testing with the wing on vs wing off. With the wing on, The scuff edge was 1.25. With the wing off, the scuff edge was 2.50. Less contact.
Pressures from 5.75 - 6.25, Same patterns. no change. Hard tail car. Same with friends HT car also. Might just be the animal. In my humble experience.

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
quote:
Originally posted by TheBlueTruck:

Absolutely, you can waste your time as you see fit.

Meanwhile, I use indisputable data to make my decisions...the TIME SLIP which has shown me over 3 decades that my 60 foots vary .00x from pass to pass, from the first hit on new tires to the last hit I make on my tires, many times running EXACTLY the same 60 foot to the thousand, before retiring them from service which totals upwards of 175 passes on my 3200 lb. door car and upwards of 300 passes on my 2005 lb. dragster and there is still wear holes showing on the slicks from both cars. Further the data on my time slip is supported my the data retrieved after each pass, downloaded from my Racepak Data recorder.

Why do you change the tires at 175/300 if they still have wear hole and are still repeating to the .00x?

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3154 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post