New
Find
Notify
Tools

Coil wires
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
where can one find the orange and black wires that will reach from 7al box to coil on head for Dragster Thanks

Posts: 30 | Location: Virginia | Registered: May 19, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
heat shrink and solder my friend

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1410 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Hammertime
posted Hide Post
You can go to any Napa and get wire. Then use a drill to twist together.

Also doesn’t need to be orange and black can be anything, I’d avoid connections if possible. If your Napa doesn’t have wire pm I have it twisted wire in bulk and can sell you 15ft.

David Lanning

Lanning Electric

Team Mickey Thompson

Posts: 4658 | Location: Coldwater,MI | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
thanks, I thought it had to be of a certain strain to keep some type of back feed in ignition sys

Posts: 30 | Location: Virginia | Registered: May 19, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post
You can also buy it pre wound from K&R.

SL...

Posts: 2104 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Hammertime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MGeorge:
thanks, I thought it had to be of a certain strain to keep some type of back feed in ignition sys

The twisted you see is generally TXL or GxL automotive wire. Fairly standard

David Lanning

Lanning Electric

Team Mickey Thompson

Posts: 4658 | Location: Coldwater,MI | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
I used shielded wire. Pair is twisted, foil shielded, and has a pretty tough plastic of some sort cover....

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1466 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^This

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5307 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post