DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Double dump trans brake in ATI Powerglide case
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Double dump trans brake in ATI Powerglide case
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of tkilby
posted
I assume the trans brake will still work using the one passage in the ATI Powerglide case but will the release be slower?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: tkilby,

Posts: 37 | Location: Blue Ridge | Registered: June 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
A number of years ago I removed a double dump style TB VB and installed an ATD Hipster iron TB VB in my stock case trans.

I pluged the hole not needed with the single exhaust ATD TB VB...

Not much difference in vehicle RT....

I would say the ATD is a little quicker....

I have 2 transmissions....and my Dedenbaer case unit with double dump brake is a little slower than my stock case trans with the Hipster single dump....

Posts: 2734 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of tkilby
posted Hide Post
Interesting.. Thanks

Posts: 37 | Location: Blue Ridge | Registered: June 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post