DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Who has 10.5x28 Bracket Drag Radials?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Who has 10.5x28 Bracket Drag Radials?
 Login/Join
 
DRR Top Comp
posted
In stock

Part # M/T 3355R ??
 
Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Part # M/T 3354R in stock??

9x28
 
Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Once I changed to a radial slick, I have no desire to go back to bias slicks!


1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436
 
Posts: 2639 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Just scored a set of 3354R's, supposedly!

Thought I found a set of 3355R's last night, then got a don't have em phone call this morning.

So, I'll believe it when I see them at the front door!
 
Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
Once I changed to a radial slick, I have no desire to go back to bias slicks!


Now I know why radial tire racers change tires every 15-20 laps.

The tread is nearly gone.

At least they recover some money, of their investment back.

High gear only I don't think it matters what I put on it.

Love the radials I put on the front (heavy steering wheel), so these 9x28 radials will match front to back.
 
Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of the rain maker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
Once I changed to a radial slick, I have no desire to go back to bias slicks!


Now I know why radial tire racers change tires every 15-20 laps.

The tread is nearly gone.

At least they recover some money, of their investment back.

High gear only I don't think it matters what I put on it.

Love the radials I put on the front (heavy steering wheel), so these 9x28 radials will match front to back.


Those 28x9 PBR will work way longer than a bias ply. If I remember correctly I could get just under 300 passes on mine before I switched to 29.5x10.5s. I get well over 300 on the 29.5s and usually change them out of guilt


David Hammons
2014 IHRA Electronics Champion Gulfport Dragway
2016, 2018 IHRA Footbrake Champion Gulfport Dragway
2018, 2019 1000' Footbrake Champion Gulfport Dragway
 
Posts: 73 | Location: gulfport ms | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
I ran the Hoosier stocker radials for 20+ years and am now running their bracket radials for the 2nd season. I'm not a big run counter but I always got at least 150-200 runs on them.


Tony Leonard
 
Posts: 3185 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post



DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
My bias slicks I would get 75-100 runs & the sidewalls would be shot. They had plenty check hole tread left.

The radials I have 3 sets mounted one set 100+ runs & the other two sets 150+ runs. One of the sets with 150+ runs are a 29.5x9 lightweight Hoosier; I used them for testing this past weekend. The biggest radial I have is the Mickey 29.5x10.5 PBR.


1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436
 
Posts: 2639 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by the rain maker:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
Once I changed to a radial slick, I have no desire to go back to bias slicks!


Now I know why radial tire racers change tires every 15-20 laps.

The tread is nearly gone.

At least they recover some money, of their investment back.

High gear only I don't think it matters what I put on it.

Love the radials I put on the front (heavy steering wheel), so these 9x28 radials will match front to back.


Those 28x9 PBR will work way longer than a bias ply. If I remember correctly I could get just under 300 passes on mine before I switched to 29.5x10.5s. I get well over 300 on the 29.5s and usually change them out of guilt


Sounds good
 
Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Mike,

I didn't change anything on the car other than installing the radials. They worked right out of the box & I have refined the shock settings over the years. The only early issue I had with them was a cold track temp at night; handful of times it would spin at the hit. The fix, they required a more aggressive burnout from the mild burnout I normally do.


1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436
 
Posts: 2639 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
One tire will have 3/4" more rollout than the other, is that a problem they asked in a PM. Laughing Hard

 
Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
Put the taller one on the side of the car to steer you away from hitting the cones....LOL

I just couldn't resist.....
 
Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SCDIV1:
Put the taller one on the side of the car to steer you away from hitting the cones....LOL

I just couldn't resist.....


Laughing Hard
 
Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Blame it on the tall Bracket Drag Radial off Amazon, after you accidentally drive through the front door of the tower at Bradenton LOL!

Jump out and say honey I'm home!
 
Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post



DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
I had a not so funny run in at my home track years ago

I think I won Super Et the week before and was going for 2 in a row

Had a perfect RT last round....bottom bulb, no delay box era as they were illegal for a couple seasons

I did not hear the call for the next round....
Started to hear Super Et cars running!! WTH !
Raced up there before my opponent was given a bye...Yelled to give me a minute to get in and buckled up. Track manager told my guy to go without me. There was absolutely no need to rush like that and I have been going there since I was a teenager !! Always was a big supporter of the place.....I was pissed to say the least...There is no doubt in my mind that manager saw me and knew I could have made the run but he sent my guy on a bye anyway....He was looking right at me and the car I was driving and knew me very well..

I told the lane girl who was great at running things that I would knock their tree the F down if I could and roared out of the lanes...I was driving a friends car that year....

Yea it was my fault for not paying attention but it would have taken a minute or two for me to get up there and run my guy

The track manager was not a popular guy and I had run ins with him a time or two......

I wrote all over my tech card the following week about how unfair I thought that treatment was....nobody ever said a word to me from the track folks....
 
Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SCDIV1:
I had a not so funny run in at my home track years ago

I think I won Super Et the week before and was going for 2 in a row

Had a perfect RT last round....bottom bulb, no delay box era as they were illegal for a couple seasons

I did not hear the call for the next round....
Started to hear Super Et cars running!! WTH !
Raced up there before my opponent was given a bye...Yelled to give me a minute to get in and buckled up. Track manager told my guy to go without me. There was absolutely no need to rush like that and I have been going there since I was a teenager !! Always was a big supporter of the place.....I was pissed to say the least...There is no doubt in my mind that manager saw me and knew I could have made the run but he sent my guy on a bye anyway....He was looking right at me and the car I was driving and knew me very well..

I told the lane girl who was great at running things that I would knock their tree the F down if I could and roared out of the lanes...I was driving a friends car that year....

Yea it was my fault for not paying attention but it would have taken a minute or two for me to get up there and run my guy

The track manager was not a popular guy and I had run ins with him a time or two......

I wrote all over my tech card the following week about how unfair I thought that treatment was....nobody ever said a word to me from the track folks....


People without self respect, can't respect anyone else.

I've had that happen too, but think about it, it's rare. The majority of track managers, track officials really wanna see a legit winner.

Most of em are the best spectators at the track.
 
Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Track officials giving a racer a free win, ruins the credibility of the outcome of the race.

Most track officials will go to any length to insure the competition isn't tarnished by their actions.

That's what happened when your opponent was handed a free win.

It's rare that happens, most wanna see a legit winner.
 
Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of the rain maker
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
One tire will have 3/4" more rollout than the other, is that a problem they asked in a PM. Laughing Hard

Maybe I’ve been lucky but I have not had that much rollout difference with a PBR.


David Hammons
2014 IHRA Electronics Champion Gulfport Dragway
2016, 2018 IHRA Footbrake Champion Gulfport Dragway
2018, 2019 1000' Footbrake Champion Gulfport Dragway
 
Posts: 73 | Location: gulfport ms | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
In over 25 years of racing my Nova and a couple dragsters, I have never measured the circumference of a tire.

Either it doesn't matter all that much, or I've been extremely lucky.


Tony Leonard
 
Posts: 3185 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of the rain maker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lenny5160:
I ran the Hoosier stocker radials for 20+ years and am now running their bracket radials for the 2nd season. I'm not a big run counter but I always got at least 150-200 runs on them.


Lenny have you tried the MT PBR? If so, Just wondering how they compared to the Hoosier bracket radial?


David Hammons
2014 IHRA Electronics Champion Gulfport Dragway
2016, 2018 IHRA Footbrake Champion Gulfport Dragway
2018, 2019 1000' Footbrake Champion Gulfport Dragway
 
Posts: 73 | Location: gulfport ms | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2  
 

DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Who has 10.5x28 Bracket Drag Radials?

© DragRaceResults.com 2024