DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    House of Payne starter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

House of Payne starter
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Anyone running the House of Payne ultimate big dawg 168 on a dragster?
Any clearance issues? Also how does it compare to the meziere ts500?

Posts: 3 | Location: west monroe la | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Mark builds great starters, some who’ve had both say better than Meziere. I run his Ultimate Big Dawg 139 on my dragster engine.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
I've used both, I would rate the House for Payne above the Meziere, but both are top notch.

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I have bought and installed several starters and alternators from Mark Payne. The product and service and quality are top notch.

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1842 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by "The Bender":
I've used both, I would rate the House for Payne above the Meziere, but both are top notch.

^^^THIS^^^

Posts: 2454 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Frizie
posted Hide Post
HOP ultimate 139 for the W! Cool

Michael Frizie
ET 2471

Posts: 578 | Location: Winston, GA | Registered: April 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
HOP 168 or 139 you will not be disappointed.

the 139 will spin it like the plugs are out.

ep-Payne wanted me to try a Boninfante 139 flex plate with his big dog and i ran in to flex plate to drive clearance problems that he had not seen with any other manufacturers flex plate. we determined it was in the flex plate.

Posts: 776 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Limited use on my 139 HOP. I will say works great and Mark is super great to work with

Since I had the drive and my mounting block is a total custom fit piece. He worked with me in changing out parts I did not need to help keep the price down. No reason to buy stuff to add to overloaded shelves.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4239 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post