DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Spark Plugs and Methanol Fuel
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Spark Plugs and Methanol Fuel
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of FootbrakeJim
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
^^^^^^^ I was more curious if methanol produced higher EGT #s than gas, or if they are both about the same given the same engine and tune up.

I can make a pass on alcohol, and when I get back to the pit I can put the palm of my hand on the front of a cylinder head. Based on that, I am guessing the EGT has got to be significantly lower on Methanol than gas. I could be wrong, because I know much of the cooling effect of methanol takes place during the vaporization on the intake side.

Dan "Jim" Moore
Much too young to feel this damn old!!

Posts: 1041 | Location: Farmersville, TX  | Registered: December 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
-8s here forever. 14-1. Rons injection.

Posts: 1568 | Location: PA | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FootbrakeJim:
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
^^^^^^^ I was more curious if methanol produced higher EGT #s than gas, or if they are both about the same given the same engine and tune up.

I can make a pass on alcohol, and when I get back to the pit I can put the palm of my hand on the front of a cylinder head. Based on that, I am guessing the EGT has got to be significantly lower on Methanol than gas. I could be wrong, because I know much of the cooling effect of methanol takes place during the vaporization on the intake side.

Injected? On efi we run lean enough at idle that it will build heat as much as we want. No milking of the oil with the vacuum pumps help too. We really use very little fuel.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6413 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post