AN hose ends
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of 70.5camaro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
russell is also chinese

That is true, but I got tired of looking at purple colored American made fittings (kinda like your vacuum pump and water neck)and these don't seize like the other Chinese fittings do

Posts: 15 | Location: SW OK | Registered: October 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of T/D6591
posted Hide Post
My Fargola hose ends all leaked.

Posts: 1708 | Location: Portland,Oregon | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I've never had a hose end leak.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of JP Miller
posted Hide Post
In my opinion all of them will fade over time. I'm more concerned about how they perform. Looks are secondary. I had a trans cooler line come apart and ended up in the wall. So when get my car back from the chassis shop it will be getting redone with highest quality fittings I can find.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: JP Miller,

Posts: 28 | Location: Virginia | Registered: October 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
never had a hose end come apart either.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
The Fragola that leaked on mine was apparently mismachined on the taper. I used to have some washers from Earls that you could use if the taper was scratched.

I finally said screw it and ordered an XRP to replace it, worked like a champ. The XRP ends are still the cutter and nipple design also which I still think are better than just the taper into the hose.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5310 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Redhorse = China.

these will definitely be on my new build

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Laughing very hard

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cashflow:
The Fragola that leaked on mine was apparently mismachined on the taper. I used to have some washers from Earls that you could use if the taper was scratched.

I finally said screw it and ordered an XRP to replace it, worked like a champ. The XRP ends are still the cutter and nipple design also which I still think are better than just the taper into the hose.

I’ve had a few Fragola new out of the box leak as well.... I usually stay with earls or xrp

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1517 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Sounds like the Fragola 2000(taper) series hose ends are the leakers, not the 3000 (cutter).

Again, never had an Earls hose end leak or the swivel fail since I first used them in the early 90s.

What's the word on Precision Performance hose ends in Florida?

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Speaking of fading black anodizing, the black rings on my Weld bead-locks look like crap after 4 years..

Posts: 2427 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
it's an industry problem and has been since they first started anodizing black using the cheapest process and then cheapened it more by having the low bidder to the work. I'm told hardcoat anodizing is better. Just about every black anodized component on my cars from several manufacturers has changed color either the entire part or in part, to a violet or bronze color.

here's the -12, 150* hose end on the vacuum line on my dragster which might be fragola...

DRR Trophy
Picture of SuperPro54
posted Hide Post
What's the word on Precision Performance hose ends in Florida?[/QUOTE]

Ed I have been using them for years. There black faded to.

Posts: 109 | Location: Florida - Ohio | Registered: September 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
maybe the fix is to use SS hose ends.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by superpro54:

Ed I have been using them for years. There black faded to.[/QUOTE]

Superpro, may I send a picture of my 5 year old redhorse hose end that I took this morning. (To your email)

Posts: 64 | Location: south carolina | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of T/D6591
posted Hide Post
Vern my hose ends were brand new at the beginning of last year while testing my car in Vegas on my way to Phoenix. Les replaced them twice and finally just refunded me after they continued to leak. Cost me some nitrous and fuel. My Earls replacements have yet to leak.

Posts: 1708 | Location: Portland,Oregon | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
so who here has black XRP hose ends that are at least 2 seasons old and have they changed color?

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
No one. Because it's the nature of anodizing. Just like candy color paint, anodizing uses Die pigmentation which will fade over time no matter what. That why I use nickel fittings or clear anodized fittings.

Hard anodize fittings (if anyone actually does that) would help, since hard anodize naturally changes the color from bright silver to dark gray, then you die that black and it will take much longer to show the fading.

.991 60'
4.36 @ 159 so far.....
6.86 @ 198 trying for more......

533" single carb
235" Harrison 4-link

Posts: 1084 | Location: Nova Siri, Italy | Registered: June 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Mike Beck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Sounds like the Fragola 2000(taper) series hose ends are the leakers, not the 3000 (cutter).

Again, never had an Earls hose end leak or the swivel fail since I first used them in the early 90s.

I have only used the 3000 series from Fragola.

I have used some nickle plated fittings, don't remember if they were Earls or not. They are nice also.

Never had a hose leak, never had one pop apart. Knocking on wood right now! Smile

Posts: 1444 | Location: South River, NJ | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Well, I went with the tried and true Earl's hose ends again for the Firebird.

Still have to decide whose hose ends to use on the dragster.