New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fuel Cell
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Have a small seeping leak in the outlet bulkhead connector in the plastic fuel cell just wondering how to repair. Thinking about replacing the ptfe washers or is there a better way to fix it? Replace plastic with aluminum or what?

Posts: 7 | Location: under the car | Registered: December 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Just try tightening it first. I have had them loosen up from vibration.

--------------------
Bob Payton
S/P, T/D, S/C, TOP
309Z, 393, 3093, 8X93

www.apdracing.com
www.diamondracecars.com
www.callies.com

Posts: 1991 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
i have used a product called seal all on my plastic cell its in a yellow tube worked well for me I know run alum cells

Posts: 416 | Location: Bellingham MA | Registered: October 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I had one that leaked and I do not remember where I found it but got some larger plastic washers. I put one on the inside with a thin coat of black RTV on the surface side and did same thing on the one on outside. Never had a problem with it again.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4138 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Summit sells the washers and Amazon has some. I think Jaz or someone sold the oversize washers. If I remember right part of the original problem was they drilled the hole low and it was in the radius. So the original washer was not sitting flat and sealing good. You may need to sand some off to make it fit flush.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4138 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
I have used these for a while now on bulkheads that have leaked. Earls also have an aluminum washer that deforms a little to conform to the shape of whatever. They also work most of the time.
Earls stat o seal

That link goes to the Pro Shop but you can see it except for the price. Log in to see Pro Shop prices.

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3315 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Bruce Williams
posted Hide Post
When all else fails, see if you can locate some bulk cork gasket sheet at your local auto parts. The cork sandwiched between the aluminum or plastic washer has worked every time for me.

Bruce Lee Cool

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.

Posts: 2042 | Location: Chandler Arizona | Registered: August 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post