DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Fogger nozzles to fit EFI injector h0les?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fogger nozzles to fit EFI injector h0les?
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted
Like the title says....is there such a thing?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: imakehp,

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4463 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Mike Beck
posted Hide Post
Are you talking EFI injector h0les or something else?

Posts: 1444 | Location: South River, NJ | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Yes, I have a manifold that is already drilled for EFI injectors. I would like to install a fogger nozzle in the existing ho0les if possible.

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4463 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
So you need 8 alum plugs with 1/8 pipe thru the center.

Posts: 690 | Location: Bucks Co Pa | Registered: January 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B.C.Malibu:
So you need 8 alum plugs with 1/8 pipe thru the center.

wow......sometimes you can't see the forest because of all the trees..

You are of course 100% correct B.C.
I can machine some up, o-ring the o.d. AND take care of how far the fogger sticks down into the port that way...

I got to thinking about doing this and just over thought it and got lost...

Thank you for smacking me back to reality lol... You Da Man

Dave

F J B

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I wondered that myself but was surprised someone didn't already make them.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5304 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I'd make them a light press,heat the intake and pop them in with loctite on them.
Tap them shallow and finish the thread after there in the manifold.

Posts: 690 | Location: Bucks Co Pa | Registered: January 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of sr4440
posted Hide Post
I think if anyone would have something like that, it would be Kinsler.

Joe

Without data, you’re just another guy with an opinion.

Posts: 1297 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Mike Beck
posted Hide Post
NOS used to make a nozzle that got sandwiched between the injector and the bung. They had a fuel and nitrous inlet. Didn't seem to catch on for some reason.

Anyway, not what you want since you would still have a large open h0le that would need to be plugged without using an injector.

I would just machine a plug to stick in there if you can't find one. A friend of mine got them from somewhere when he removed the EFI from his engine. Those could be drilled and tapped for a regular nozzle. Don't know where they came from, but Kinsler would be my first phone call.

Posts: 1444 | Location: South River, NJ | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post

Posts: 411 | Location: Highland,Ca | Registered: December 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Beck:
NOS used to make a nozzle that got sandwiched between the injector and the bung. They had a fuel and nitrous inlet. Didn't seem to catch on for some reason.

Pretty cool idea. I'd run them if I had EFI.

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 739 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Mike Beck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom Reyer:
quote:

Was told they didn't do a good job mixing the fuel and nitrous. With most current aftermarket EFI systems being able to handle the fuel side, those nozzles would be pretty good to a point just adding the nitrous. Certainly makes it an easy way to do Direct Port N2O on an EFI manifold without the need to weld bungs for the new nozzles though.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Was told they didn't do a good job mixing the fuel and nitrous. With most current aftermarket EFI systems being able to handle the fuel side, those nozzles would be pretty good to a point just adding the nitrous. Certainly makes it an easy way to do Direct Port N2O on an EFI manifold without the need to weld bungs for the new nozzles though.

Why not use both sides for spray only and let the computer handle the fuel enrichment? 2 kits for the price of one.

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 739 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Mike Beck
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Why not use both sides for spray only and let the computer handle the fuel enrichment? 2 kits for the price of one.

Exactly!

That is how I plumbed my Big Shot plate.
Small jet in the fuel side for a 100hp hit, .047N. Larger jet in the N2O side for a 150hp hit, .063N.

Then I had a set of .030's in the DP.

Depending on what I was doing I could run any one of them by themselves, or any combination... Was fun back then!

The Holley ECM took care of timing and fuel. Worked great!