DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Electric Coolers
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Electric Coolers
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 434 olds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
I've been looking at electric coolers for use at the racetrack. I think I have it narrowed down to the one I want to purchase in the link below. I would like to here if anybody is already using one, the brand & any type of review they may have.

https://www.dometic.com/en-us/...tic-cfx3-55im-220584

2BKING looking to keep my beer cold! Big Grin
Relaxing

When it says it can make ice in a few hours, whats a few hours. 3-5-8 hours? It could be beneficial if you need ice to cool the car down.

Worlds Quickest And Fastest 71 Cutlass On The Planet Earth

Posts: 536 | Location: Oak ridge, N.J | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks everyone for your opinions, I decided on the Summit cooler/freezer for $440. I'm going to order it next week. I'm at the track this weekend for 3 days, kind of wishing I had it to test but didn't want to rush the decision.

Tex, thanks & good luck on your racing!

2BKING
Relaxing

Well the racing wasnt to plan , saw 108F & 102 grains on Friday then rained out Saturday . In saying that going to the fridge was a great result . Using cover it maintained a indicated 0deg C , thermometer showed about 3 deg C internal , all day in the heat . Real nice to have ice cold drinks and no water in food stored in the fridge . Definately the way to go . Hope your raceing goes better in Vegas ?

Tex

Posts: 63 | Location: Oz | Registered: March 16, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tex013:
quote:
Thanks everyone for your opinions, I decided on the Summit cooler/freezer for $440. I'm going to order it next week. I'm at the track this weekend for 3 days, kind of wishing I had it to test but didn't want to rush the decision.

2BKING
Relaxing

Well the racing wasnt to plan , saw 108F & 102 grains on Friday then rained out Saturday . In saying that going to the fridge was a great result . Using cover it maintained a indicated 0deg C , thermometer showed about 3 deg C internal , all day in the heat . Real nice to have ice cold drinks and no water in food stored in the fridge . Definately the way to go . Hope your raceing goes better in Vegas ?

Tex

Tex,

Sorry racing didn't go as planned. Sounds like the fridge worked out good!

Racing went pretty good. On Sat. I got into a little money & Sun. I got some more money with a win. Cool

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2580 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE
Racing went pretty good. On Sat. I got into a little money & Sun. I got some more money with a win. Cool

2BKING
Relaxing[/QUOTE]
congratulations.

Tex

Posts: 63 | Location: Oz | Registered: March 16, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Tex013:
quote:

2BKING
Relaxing

Tex

Tex,

Sorry racing didn't go as planned. Sounds like the fridge worked out good!

2BKING
Relaxing

Congratulations, Like to see that.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4042 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of head gamez
posted Hide Post
Costco offers a few options online as well.

Mikey

Posts: 1708 | Location: In a Marriott near you! | Registered: February 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Thanks again all!

I ordered the Summit cooler/freezer.

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2580 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Used the cooler this weekend, works good so far. I ran it off the 12v trailer battery. It sure was nice not having to deal with ice & draining the water.

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
It's funny how the little things add up to an easier race weekend where you can focus on your race program!

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6416 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
I went with a small fridge. Like other trailer is always plugged in at the house or on the generator at track. No ice to pay for and a heck of lot cheaper than a grand for a cooler OP posted a link to. Works fine for me. Heck home power bill is on the wife's side of bills.LMAO

Plus side always have cold beer when working on the car in trailer

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4207 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post