New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mike Jones Cam
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
I ordered and payed BBC custom core cam in Nov 2021,they answered a few time and said core not arrived ,but now no answers on email or phone? is it used to be like this when dealing with them?

Posts: 18 | Location: sweden | Registered: May 28, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Go to Speedtalk.com and post your question.
That’s his site and he should see it quickly.

Posts: 692 | Location: Bucks Co Pa | Registered: January 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
should have called Comp Cams, no magic cam coming from him

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Im very satisfied with tech support and cam recomendation,60mm cam,with LS firing order

Posts: 18 | Location: sweden | Registered: May 28, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
and 4 months later still no cam and no communication. Laughing very hard

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
What are you looking for? Specs?

Cam cores are difficult to come by for everyone.

Couple month wait on this one, well worth the wait.

I've got a few BBC roller cams. If it''l get ya out of a jam.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I originally purchase this cam from Summit with a projected month wait, when it got pushed back another month I was fortunate Speedway Motors took it from a kit they had.

This is a hyraulic roller cam I run in muscle cars 462's & 468's BBC's.

I've talked with the top brass at a few manufacturers, the problem is, they don't know when the cores are gonna show up.

The cores show up randomly.

Look how old the box is, this was in a kit Speedway Motors had.

Jones ain't gonna rip anyone, he's just like everyone else, he doesn't know when or how many cores are show up next delivery.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Ok thanks just have to wait for it

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mathias:
Ok thanks just have to wait for it

I would, if it got too painful I'd call Crower or Clay Smith.

They've both been good about it, although there is a wait, ... they've both delivered in a fairly reasonable amount of time.

Good people too. Killer cams.

Good Luck Sir!

DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
I bought a Jones cam several years ago and it was delivered as quick as any I have ordered. Then 3 cams ago I ordered again when a lifter failed. After waiting a couple of months I canceled and ordered the same cam from LSM except in a 4-7 swap.
I found out that LSM makes their own cores and supply's the manufacturers theirs. Their web site claims they can grind them in 1-2 days. But my last one took 3 weeks because of the crona. It was a 4-7, 3-2 swap for a mopar.

LSM Cam page

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3309 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
No one is better than Steve Lowe aka LSM, been having him grind my spec cams for 15 years.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Ok Mike refunded money and give me explanation on Yellowbullet,he said there was no cores available,so now i need recomdations,Ed said LSM,so i try there whatabout Bullet cams?

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Bullet sells 30-40 year old cam designs/technology originally done by Harold Brookshire aka Ultradyne cams.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Ok so LSM is the way to go,try to email them and call them on Monday,Thanks ED

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
You’re welcome

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mathias:
Ok Mike refunded money and give me explanation on Yellowbullet,he said there was no cores available,so now i need recomdations,Ed said LSM,so i try there whatabout Bullet cams?

This has a Bullet Cam. Been in the 5's n/a 23 sbc 3200 lbs. Out of the box Brodix T1 cylinder heads.

Factory condition muscle car with a front and backseat delete with triple chrome plated steel bumpers.

Fastest of its kind on the planet has a Bullet cam.

I built the engine,transmission and setup the ring & pinion. Home built

Bullet, Clay Smith, Crower, Lunati ... I've gotten good performance from all.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
This is nasty Crower hydraulic roller I put in a BBC for the low compression pump gas street car , made over 700 hp easily in handful of dyno pulls. Nothing elaborate, out of the box aluminum square port heads. It rips well past 7000 rpms.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
About Mike Jones, my Lamplighter project has a Jones cam, and it performs as expected. I bought it about 18 months ago before the shortage became a problem

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1835 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
I had great customer service. I was lucky I guess in that I had a cam and needed to be reground so so cam core needed. I even had a bad cam core with first one and he had spent bunch of time trying to correct, but could not and no extra charge.

Very satisfied and highly recommend the guy.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4194 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Yes i would buy from Mike,he did answer tech questions and give me advice and recomendations,many other didnot answer at.
I didnt realize there was so hard to get a core for my cam