DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Injuries @ Cordova.. Balancer???
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Injuries @ Cordova.. Balancer???
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woody B:
I've heard of several (SFI?) flexplates coming apart lately. I don't know what flexplate this was or if the SFI cert was current. This body panel on a friend of mines car is from the ring gear off of his opponent, about 500 feet down the track.

It's obvious the shield did no good.

The shield is open on the bottom so things can still go flying.
I would be willing to bet they were only thinking of the driver in the car not the opponent or spectators when they came up with specs for shields.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Boucher Jr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Koehler:
boucher
What the heck?
Are you sure you are in the right forum?

I just double checked to be sure, this is indeed the exploding ghetto cruiser thread. I, like everybody else, clicked on this link thinking this was some sort of accident that took place at an actual race. Classic case of b.s. click bait. Obviously "craps game cut short by exploding ghetto cruiser" isnt news worthy on its own.

Posts: 236 | Location: Il. | Registered: December 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of AlkyIROC
posted Hide Post
Never seen a balancer fail but saw a transmission explode.

Promod style Dodge. Steel body and glass windows. I was 2 cars back in the staging lanes. Car launched and didn't move. All I saw was something sailing over the grandstand.

If memory serves me correctly, it was a 727 transmission. It exploded and a clutch hub went through the Kevlar transmission blanket, through the floor, bounced off the passenger door bar. When it went through the door, the window exploded and the hub flew about 300 feet over the grandstand to land in a parked cars windshield. No injuries but what a mess.

www.hardtail.com Stephen's Racing Page
Best ET: 9.029
Best MPH: 150.45

Posts: 1352 | Location: Calgary | Registered: June 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post