DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Amber Shield fogging up
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Amber Shield fogging up
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RPROGAS:
Steve:

At 79, my wife informed me that there's no hot air left.

Increased the height of the wind screen two inches, initially leaving with the shield up then flipping it down while holding my breath to the turn off. Problem solved.

Bob

My wife informed me that there's no hot air left.

I will have to try that on her. Guaranteed i get slapped. Great lol for the day.

Posts: 1412 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by seabass:
quote:
Originally posted by CURTIS REED:
I just leave it up until I leave and slap it down. Only thing that works every time.

x2

This!!!!

Fog City makes a clear stick shield cover that some glare! Goggle it on Amazon

Posts: 2161 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CURTIS REED:
I just leave it up until I leave and slap it down. Only thing that works every time.

I leave visor up all the time. During the day I close it before the car leaves at night I let the wind close it down track or I hold it open if I'm chasing. I do wear glasses and sit at or below windshield level.

Denis LeBlanc

Posts: 495 | Location: Manchester, NH | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Bigdrive88
posted Hide Post
Well i read all the responses & didnt see my way of doing it & im sure my way will be frowned upon but I never put my shield down. I have it tightened up so it will usually not fall. Although this past weekend at MDIR the air must have caught it just right and forced it down. It was 40 couple degrees & after 11pm at night so the shield was wet and fogged over. I could barley see and missed my drop spot. I guess I need to torque on it a little more.

Posts: 185 | Location: Hagerstown | Registered: September 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 00 DEAD ON
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MorgretNation:
Well i read all the responses & didnt see my way of doing it & im sure my way will be frowned upon but I never put my shield down. I have it tightened up so it will usually not fall. Although this past weekend at MDIR the air must have caught it just right and forced it down. It was 40 couple degrees & after 11pm at night so the shield was wet and fogged over. I could barley see and missed my drop spot. I guess I need to torque on it a little more.

I was also at MDIR Saturday. My shield fogged up bad also

Brian Mollison
2013 American Dragster
2020 Sumerduck Dragway VA Top ET Champion
2017 Sumerduck Top ET & SSS Track Champion
2017 MAC Top ET Track Champion
2009 Sumerduck Dragway Va Top ET & IHRA SSS Track Champion
2008 IHRA Division 1 Top ET Bracket Final Runner-up
2007 Colonial Beach Dragway Top ET Track Champion

Posts: 1030 | Location: Stafford, Virginia | Registered: October 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Fresh air pump. Stick the hose under the helmet skirt or get the adapter to put it on the helmet. 100% ends fogging and the last few minutes in staging lanes when its 100-degrees out....MUCH BETTER! Cost about $129.00 from a Stock Car shop like Performance Bodies.

Now using fan and roll down windows on the S10, too old for those 1.05 60' dragster hits.

www.trailertoad.com designed by racers for racers.

Posts: 1226 | Location: Janesville, IA | Registered: December 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post