DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    mechanical pump flow sheet
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

mechanical pump flow sheet
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted
wondering if anyone has flow sheet on 6 to 8 gpm pump. I have flow number on my pump but only two readings. I need to look at one with flow for at least every 1000 rpm for 2 to 8k. Not using to sert anything up just information on future project.

ANy have flow sheet please send me copy either pm or wydopn2312@yahoo.com. thanks

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4326 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Never seen a flow sheet with the flows recorded at 1000 rpm increments, mine are 2000 and 4000 rpm numbers. I'm sure if you asked for it anyone who has the capability to flow a pump could deliver that for you. Send the pump to alky digger he should be able to flow at whatever rpm's you want.

Theoretically all you need is 2 data points to draw the line so if you graph out your two points on a graph you should be able to connect the dots and read the flow at your desired RPM. Pump out put on mechanical pumps should be linear assuming everything is in good shape.

Posts: 408 | Location: Pride, La | Registered: April 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
I know can graph for good ideas. Hoping for more accurate numbers to verify thinking on a project. Yes theoretically it should be straight shot. Theoretically I should have been rich and that did not workout either. LOL

Really just need 6000 to 8500 engine or 1/2 that pump speed flow numbers. Alky digger flowed last pump and readings are 1800 and 4000. Also would like to know where pump falls off at but that different idea to work on later.

Will try Spike in morning. I know Ralph would have just given me the info, Sadly he is no longer around.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: wideopen231,

Posts: 4326 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
The pump will be linear although at some point it will be limited by the sizes of the input/output.

When installed in a car, the same principles apply but now you are introducing more variables such as your own plumbing, the flow of the barrel valve, the vent in your fuel cell, etc.

The flow bench won't deliver that info.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3185 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
12 in 8 out, wnderle K barrel valve. Zero 90's in system. ^ an fro barrel to dist, block. Way more thaqn a 3 gpm system will need, Hell use same on blower deal with 20 gpm and 14 to motor.

Agree flowing just pump will not show all of system head. One reason I have been gather flow meters,vsd motor and few other items for year or so. 40 years in air and water flow business gives me little back ground and toss in almost as much playing with MFI. Hell I need a flow bench if for nothing else the fun of playing with system setups.

For example I have a secondary system on car that adds fuel to engine at a paticular throttle position. Point is to lean bottom end while also having adaquate fuel for full throttle run. Car builds heat better and throttle response is awesome.Would be nice to know exactg flow change when second system kicks in. I know what jet should flow. If not doing what I want I have optional deal. Making runs will tell if effective but cost more than throwing it on flow bench.

Been thinking about flow meter for car and using it with drive to test off car and sue reading from data logger connected to meter.