DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Misty Lava Powder Coated Dragster Powerglide
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Misty Lava Powder Coated Dragster Powerglide
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
No trans temp sensor bung in pan?

Posts: 2467 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Coloradoracer:
Gotta admit, I like that color.

Mikey, how thick is the rear cover? I need to replace mine soon and it needs to be 5/8" to work with my limiter plate that goes behind it...

That's a TSI. The bolts are ARP 129-0902, plenty long for accessories.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
No trans temp sensor bung in pan?

Not yet, not sure if he's doing that or I am when drop it to him.

We meet halfway at the Skyway Bridge rest area.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Color looks like anthracite to me

Owner knew what he was doing picking it. Looked like Robo Cop blue in the sun light when I picked it up from powdercoat. Stopped by Costelllllo's to show it to him, looked like gun metal gray under incandescent lights in his shop.

In my shop with florescent lighting looks dark green/gray. It's a wild color.

It'll fit the dragster nicely once he's done with it.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jenavet:
quote:
Misty Lava done.

standard brake?

It's a JW fast brake, A longtime friend/heads up racer bought one out of the JW vender trailer at a race he qualified, woke up in the am started car with little to no transmission pressure sticking pressure regulator, it had already sizzled a couple of my transmissions, so I had him install the gauge before the race.

Anyway, the thing was bad to the bone, blew my mind picked up like three hundredths on his reaction time same weekend/race. I've been using em exclusively ever since, and they're not cheap either. I'm paying double what I could get another brand for.

Easy on the tire too.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I like this powdercoat company, they're a lot better than the previous guy I used, and they actually enjoy doing stuff like this.

It's called ProFab Powercoat right down the street from Sunshine, anyone local needs work done. Real reasonable too, usually a week and they're slammed with work. Guys name is Joe.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's a JW fast brake

Reason i ask is it has the smaller pancake solenoid which the standard brakes use.pro brakes usually run the bigger solenoid

Posts: 1425 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
That's a TSI. The bolts are ARP 129-0902, plenty long for accessories.

Not thick enough...the one I have is 5/8" or .625" thick. The plate that mounts to the back of it is where my limiters attach. Most I've seen are 1/2"......not sure where mine came from......

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1472 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post