DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Drag Radial Rims...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Drag Radial Rims...
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of fuzzy dice
posted
I have decided to try the 31.5x13 Pro Bracket Radial as my next tires...I currently have rim screws on my slicks...MT says I will need to fill the holes prior to mounting the PBR's...

Anyone tried these without filling the holes or if you haven't, what did you fill the holes with?...

Thanks...

Posts: 1277 | Location: Florida (FL) | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
who still screws there tires to the rim? Roll Eyes

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
In on one?

I would use an epoxy...

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I would buy new wheels

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Mount one up with h0les as they are and see if the hold air. I have a set of bias tires mounted on wheels with rim screw h0les without screws and they are fine. I would otherwise weld the h0les up before I bought new wheels unless you got money to toss at new ones.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
The wheels on the new to me car (my avatar) have rim screws on the back. When I get new tires on these rims, I'm going to try without doing anything to the holes. My friend did this, running small tire PBRs, and has had no issue.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
This weekend while at the track. I saw a Nova with 28x9 PBRs on rims that had holes drilled. They seemed just fine, but I didn't ask if they leaked.

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2548 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of fuzzy dice
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies everyone...except 1320 racer, of course, who contributed nothing...

Posts: 1277 | Location: Florida (FL) | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Not PBRs, but my 3 year old Hoosier 30x9 radials are still mounted on drilled rims. I ran them for a full year like that. They are still mounted; holding air, moving the car around in the off season & doing an occasional wheels up launch out of the shop!

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2548 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
told you to buy new wheels.

quote:
Originally posted by fuzzy dice:
MT says I will need to fill the holes prior to mounting the PBR's.

You were told what to do by the manufacturer but you don't want to so you ask the clueless here for confirmation of what you already decided to do, NOTHING.

Dumb and dumber!

DRR Pro
Picture of fuzzy dice
posted Hide Post
I should not take my time responding but I will...1320 racer, you do not know me nor I you...why you decided to be rude and disrespectful, I do not know...

I asked two specific questions in my OP...you first reply by making fun of me about rim screws....then you give your personal opinion...if I had wanted opinions I would have asked for them, sir...btw, I had heard about folks who may have run radials without filling the holes which is why I asked, not that it is any of your business...

Reading is fundamental, sir, and remember it is better to stay silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt...kindly move along and bother someone else...I will not be returning to this thread...

DRR Sportsman
Picture of silver bullet
posted Hide Post
I am currently running the M/T radials. My wheels were previously drilled for screws, but they do not leak air without having the screws. My tires move on the wheel about 1/2" each pass. Has never hurt anything. High 1-teen sixty foots

Posts: 124 | Location: mississippi | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I should not take my time responding but I will...1320 racer, you do not know me nor I you...why you decided to be rude and disrespectful, I do not know...

I asked two specific questions in my OP...you first reply by making fun of me about rim screws....then you give your personal opinion...if I had wanted opinions I would have asked for them, sir...btw, I had heard about folks who may have run radials without filling the holes which is why I asked, not that it is any of your business...

Reading is fundamental, sir, and remember it is better to stay silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt...kindly move along and bother someone else...I will not be returning to this thread...

LOL, that's the polite way to say F... YOU!

Now, keep your man boobs from hitting you keyboard & spewing worthless crap.

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
^^^says another clueless nobody

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
I would buy new wheels

Good idea, throw a check book at it.

Posts: 185 | Location: Indy | Registered: January 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
told you to buy new wheels.

quote:

you ask the clueless here for confirmation of what you already decided to do, NOTHING.

Dumb and dumber!

Admitting you are clueless Ed!!!
I know I am clueless.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:

quote:

You were told what to do by the manufacturer but you don't want to so you ask the clueless here for confirmation of what you already decided to do, NOTHING.

Mr. Clueless, you spew manufacturer. Do you heed all their recommendations? Pretty sure you don't.

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
Weld up the holes, grind and polish. Seen it done many times. Can't even tell they were drilled after. Costs way less than a new set of wheels.

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 739 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of eric doukas
posted Hide Post
I have some pro bracket radials 28 x 9 mounted on some old 8" Centerline rims that were drilled for 8 screws per side . I noticed they did spin on the rims about 3 inches in the first 10 passes or so, then stopped spinning. 3450 lbs 1978 firebird running 10.65 with 1.42 60ft they worked as good if not better than my 28.5 x 10.5 slicks on a good track . Running 18 lbs

Posts: 49 | Location: fallon nv | Registered: December 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of HS professor
posted Hide Post
quote:
I currently have rim screws on my slicks...MT says I will need to fill the holes prior to mounting the PBR's...Anyone tried these without filling the holes or if you haven't, what did you fill the holes with?...Thanks...

I have a set of spare 29.5x10.5 PBR's mounted on a set of old weld's with rim screw hole. They hold air just fine and are on the car for the winter and haven't lost any air.

You should be fine.

Posts: 1422 | Location: Monroe twp nj | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post