DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    extended car warranty anyone.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

extended car warranty anyone.
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted
If I get truck I made deposit on I will be looking at getting extended warranty with it. Would like some input from anyone who has done same and thoughts.Especially if have bought and used a warranty.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4190 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
If it isn’t from the manufacturer I’d pass. The aftermarket one don’t always use factory parts and a lot of times send used parts to the repair shop

Posts: 654 | Location: Here | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by I.P. Dailey:
If it isn’t from the manufacturer I’d pass. The aftermarket one don’t always use factory parts and a lot of times send used parts to the repair shop

I agree!

Some will asked if you got receipts for servicing your transmission and you might have just bought the vehicle two weeks ago.

Posts: 2963 | Location: Boon Docks, FL | Registered: March 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post
Manufacturers warranty sold by a dealer only. There is no 2nd option.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 559 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 00 DEAD ON
posted Hide Post
I bought a new 2018 Chevy 3500 diesel dually. I bought the extended warranty that chevy offers. 6 years 100,000 miles. I have 30,330 miles on mine and they had to put a new injector in cyl #4. With all the electronics I’d say buy extra chevy warranty. JMO

Brian Mollison
2009 RaceTech Dragster
2020 Sumerduck Dragway VA Top ET Champion
2017 Sumerduck Top ET & SSS Track Champion
2017 MAC Top ET Track Champion
2009 Sumerduck Dragway Va Top ET & IHRA SSS Track Champion
2008 IHRA Division 1 Top ET Bracket Final Runner-up
2007 Colonial Beach Dragway Top ET Track Champion

Posts: 1026 | Location: Stafford, Virginia | Registered: October 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
40 years in the automotive business, if it's not a warranty from the manufacturer don't buy it. The after market companies are always looking for a way out of paying a claim.

Posts: 329 | Location: observing the mayhem | Registered: December 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Busted Knuckles
posted Hide Post
Manufacturer only.

But don't worry about it, I get calls all the time from nice ladies offering to extend the warranty on my truck. A '97 S10 with 300K on the ticker. I'm sure you'll get the same calls, probably starting the day your registration hits the books.

Organized people are just too lazy to look for their $h!t.

Posts: 488 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: November 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
I get them daily on 2005 dodge ram with 270k.On 3rd motor and second transmission. Yea they hang up if you are in smart azz mood and tell them thats what you want warranty on.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4190 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I normally never even consider an extended warranty as I consider them just extra insurance that my checkbook covers. But with the risks and high costs with these diesel trucks, I would get one if you can get from the factory. The numbers for some of these repairs are staggering.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6407 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post