Find
Notify
Tools

Hoosier tires
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted
Anybody running the new Hoosier top dragster tire? How did it compare to the mickey 3195/6/7? I'm gonna need new tires on my stuff again not too long after the season starts and I've heard some good things about them.....

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1489 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Read this thread, should answer all your questions
https://drr.infopop.cc/eve/foru...395/m/5857024496/p/1

Posts: 2434 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
Thats the one I was looking for....for some reason I couldn't find it

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1489 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
C1550 is awesome so far, c1500 has been great for several years now

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1521 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
The 1550 I looked at the MILLION had a 115” rollout my god it should work on anything with that much

Posts: 1261 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WHOMPWHOMP:
The 1550 I looked at the MILLION had a 115” rollout my god it should work on anything with that much

When got my c1500 they were marked 114 and I freaked out a little. After I mounted them they measured around 109 if I remember at 5 lbs, I know they were shorter than the 3197. I think the marked number on the tire is at 15 or 20lbs test pressure, it is NOT actual roll out

Posts: 2434 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TonyB6255
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
quote:

When got my c1500 they were marked 114 and I freaked out a little. After I mounted them they measured around 109 if I remember at 5 lbs, I know they were shorter than the 3197. I think the marked number on the tire is at 15 or 20lbs test pressure, it is NOT actual roll out

Hoosier lists the rollout as 110 so basically the same as a 3195/97. I am going to the C1550 next season.

Posts: 633 | Location: Rochester, WA | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:

Those numbers dont mean much, mine said 113, were 108.5 on the track

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1521 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post
Yup 114 1/4" chalks = 110" rollout. That's hot measurement straight out of the mold and just a reference point. They did have some large ones to begin with but are again shooting for the 110" range for production.

We didn't run them last year as we were still making way to many changes with our new cars to be tire testing to provide adequate feedback. The 3 guys I do know that have ran BR3's for 2 years ran them towards the end of the year and loved them.

We will be running them in 2021

SL...

Posts: 2110 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
exactly! My BR3s were also caulked 114

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Just FYI, my last race this season was the Fall nationals at the Motorplex in Oct. I ran 4.6 lbs tire pressure. I just checked the pressure yesterday when I put the wheels back on the car and pressure was 3.5 lbs Big Grin

The leaking Mickeys never bothered me too much but you know not having flat tires all the time is pretty dang nice

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Steve, PM sent.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4517 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post