DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    computech datamaxx system
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

computech datamaxx system
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Looking to purchase this system for my first data logger with LCD screen any pros or cons on the system is it easy to work with ?

Posts: 2 | Location: usa | Registered: November 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Two people I know have struggled with them. One had the dash lock up once maybe twice and it had to be sent back the other wasn't recording all the time. I bought a racepak sportsman before all the changes at Holley/MSD/Racepak. If I was buying today I'd be looking hard at the RPM Performance system http://www.rpmperf.com

Denis LeBlanc

Posts: 468 | Location: Manchester, NH | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I do not know about the Computech system. When I did my research I chose the RPM system for several reasons and glad I did. It has performed very well and I was able to monitor many more functions for the money. Mine records RPM, fuel pressure, oil pressure, water temp, trans temp, oil temp, brake pressure, driveshaft RPM, engine RPM, 8-O2's and more. When I went to the RPM dash it was simply plug it in and run it. If I had all of that with a Racepak it would probably be around $5,000 more. Also have had great service from them.

I highly recommend Randy and Tony at RPM.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4015 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
curly price wise how do they compare i also looked at racepack and looked away because of all the changes at holley.

Posts: 2 | Location: usa | Registered: November 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I bought most of mine about 5 years ago and have added much to it since. I think cost was about 60% as much as the Racepak and I was able to use some of the sensors I had from another project saving me more money.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4015 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Another vote for Randy & Tony @ RPM. We have two of their systems. Good product and great service. The price is much better than racepak too. Check out pricing at rpmperf.com.

Posts: 715 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
A buddy has one in a TA/D and personally can not stand it. I guess better than nothing but its not a race pak by any means.

Hoping race pak quality does not drop since I have good connection on working out any issues with one. The RPM piece might be good bet since nobody here has knocked them yet and hell thats doing something.LOL

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4190 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I had heard good things about the RPM setup but all my friends had Racepak and that's what I bought. The sensors are way too high in my opinion but everything plugs right in and works and I get great support from Greg Kelley and if at the races out west then Les at Figspeed!

I have a friend who has a Datamaxx dash because it came in a car he bought. I don't think he's the happiest in the world with it. He has a Racepak in the other car but it would be pretty expensive to switch.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5310 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
My father and I switched 3 years ago from guages to Datamaxx and it has been really good.

The reason we went with it over the RPM or Racepak was because we could see 10 different items on the dash at the same time. It is also nice to be able to pull the chip from a run and carry it to the laptop instead of needing a USB cord.

The biggest issue I have had is that a few times if I shut the car off instead of turning off the record button, the run is corrupted on the SD card. This is only happening on 1 car, and was due to ground and other wiring issues I am fixing over the winter.

Overall I would recommend the computech system as Jay and Matt have been great to work with.

Posts: 106 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
There is a wireless download option with the RPM system, I LOVE it!! Great customer service too.

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post