DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    If you're into 23 sbc's, you may appreciate this start up...
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If you're into 23 sbc's, you may appreciate this start up...
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M120:
Mike, your funny.
I'd like to see you win but it'll be tuff.
What's the best et?
Guessing you didn't do well at ducks race.

Win? Who said anything about winning? A graph that looks like this next time out, shutting it down at the 660 ft, is winning. Smile

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mike, your funny.
I'd like to see you win but it'll be tuff.
What's the best et?
Guessing you didn't do well at ducks race.

Didn't make it our intake didn't get done in time.

Action starts Wednesday night. We got two full 1/8 5.20 132 mph pulls on it in testing. It's a dud.

No it ain't, we figured out we were making a fatal error for power with gph on Q fuel.

Should go a low teen off the trailer Wednesday night, if my calculations are correct, maybe a hair better.

It'll only get better from there.

Tune in live feed Wednesday night. When the graph looks like this, it's up to speed.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
Heck with the start-up video, the track video is what I would like to see. Big Grin Interesting class, I hope it works out good for you guys!

Fixing to find out, it's been 1.19 60 with the progressor stretched out to 1 second, that makes the 60ft pretty much on the engine. It's not all that surprising on radials though, my Nova 200 lbs heavier on bias tires has been 1.27 n/a. It's more promising than surprising, I think anyway.

Should be good, they'll have a fast slip by the time its all said and done this weekend, I'm sure.

Wednesday night will be the tell tale, with the new gph tune, off the trailer.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Who are we rooting for?

Good luck.

PS: I'm thinking #1200 and .002 hit!

Have fun!

Cool

Posts: 622 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Who are we rooting for?

Good luck.

PS: I'm thinking #1200 and .002 hit!

Have fun!

D Man in the blue 66 Chevy II. It should rock n roll off the trailer tonight. If it goes 135 - 136 tonight, keep a lookout because it'll have a lot left in the tank from there. We'll have the progressor stretched out and the fuel pressure conservative, to have a look at it before letting it rip.

Should rock pretty good, we fixed the vacuum pump issue that's been ailing it in the two hits testing, last night too.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Track looks like it's on point. This dude did a helluva job... BMF.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
what did the nova run retow? hope it was as expected.

also I saw where slavens made repairs and clicked off early to go 4.00 in Q2

ep

Posts: 776 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pauley:
what did the nova run retow? hope it was as expected.

also I saw where slavens made repairs and clicked off early to go 4.00 in Q2

ep

We got a mad scramble going on. We'd be # 4 qualifier if we ran as we did in the two test hits we made at Bradenton.

We thought we had a bad bottle, bad fill or a rich carb puddling fuel in conjunction with the pressure we added, first hit. Johnny from IRD was nice enough to come over and lean the carb (Q fuel), they threw another bottle in it and did a compression test, all good there.

Shot ducks on the second qualifier the same. Now we got the mad scramble going on, prior third qualifier down to two tries. New 7531 grid box, new coil, cap, rotor etc etc.

It could be puddling going on with the additional pressure, a solenoid leak or a bunch of other on the list we're checking off now!!

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Pretty interesting so far. If it goes down clean, we'll go to the top 3 or 4 on the qualifier list, Big if, right about now.

It's getting a good look at this time around. DXP Street is last to go down today.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Laughing very hard junk!

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I often wondered how things run good then break in the trailer on the way to the track the next week.

that is a fun race to attend

ep-don't be a hater 1290. retow will get it straight

Posts: 776 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I just call it as I see it! He’s been bragging about this junk for a year that he tells us he assembled and it can’t get off the line. Too fucing funny and no surprise. Must have one of those 70hp reversion plates. Laughing Hard

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
I gotta go with Ed on this one...

All talk, no torque...

Catchy videos and endless Memes and the car can't go 10 feet without crapping out....

Car done got the "Rona"

Posts: 2734 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Made in china junk.

Relax, china junk never works for us, we have the MADE IN USA 7531 MSD Grid box in now, which was in the Ripper off the trailer no time run Light Out 8 in 2017.

MADE IN USA FTW off the trailer.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
In my opinion, it looks like a nitrous/tune issue.
I only saw Thursday nights pass. Didn't look mechanical but more tune related or electrical gremlin.

Best of luck! Hope you get it fixed

I'd take an engine only pass to verify engine/ignition/... if you have the opportunity. Then throw the nitrous to it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: M120,

Cool

Posts: 622 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
In my opinion, it looks like a nitrous/tune issue.
I only saw Thursday nights pass. Didn't look mechanical but more tune related or electrical gremlin.

Best of luck! Hope you get it fixed

I'd take an engine only pass to verify engine/ignition/... if you have the opportunity. Then throw the nitrous to it.

That's a good call. It came to light last night details fell through the cracks on last minute push bar welding/fabrication just before the car was loaded to head to SGMP, and the battery wasn't disconnected, when normally it would have but I suppose that's what happens last minute rush.Chit happens.

The engine and transmission are fine, the car ran in the top half of this field, on it's only two test runs.

It'll have a new coil, rotor, crank trigger pickup and noise filter tonight first round.

We're on the very bottom of the ladder, so you know what that means! I like it. Smile

Disconnect your battery before doing any welding, don't make the mistake we did in a rush.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Good luck with it.

I pull the ignition components out for any welding & disconnect the battery.

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2699 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
Good luck with it.

I pull the ignition components out for any welding & disconnect the battery.

Thank you sir.

If it's clean, the intention is there to make it a half decent race, for the little we do know about the combo, it'll definitely be hopped up.

But ultimately, we'll be happy if we roll out the gate with it fixed.

DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
Mike do you have good ground on the motor and the NOS system? Just something to look at. I feel as though it is something easy to fix if you can find it. At least you have the guts to try that race. Smile Good luck Smile

Posts: 1922 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Footloose:
Mike do you have good ground on the motor and the NOS system? Just something to look at. I feel as though it is something easy to fix if you can find it. At least you have the guts to try that race. Smile Good luck Smile

Thank you sir.

Yeah, this will be just like any other race we don't win. we'll bring it back & work on it till it does win.

We have two schools of thought on this glitch, we have the last minute welding for the push bar, just before the car was loaded, to head to SGMP.

And we have the two 5.20 seemingly clean test laps in the weeks previous to the event, we had pressure set at 6.25 psi on the fuel side of the of the nitrous system. When the system called for 8 to 9 psi with Q fuel.

So in other words is it the welding which caused the glitch, or is it the additional cylinder pressure (fuel) breaking down the ignition.

Something tells me there's a possibility, we could've backed the fuel pressure back up to 6.25 and qualified in the top half of this field with some laps in the 5.20's, as it ran in testing. But then again we could've melted it down like that too, but that's another school of thought.

This is no big deal, no different than any other race you don't when, you bring the car back to the shop and work on it.

We have an ignition glitch, can't be that difficult to figure out, now that we know.