DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Jegs Plasma Cutter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jegs Plasma Cutter
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
Do any of you know anything about Jegs 40 amp plasma cutter?

They have a good price on it and I’m considering buying one. It would just be for my personal home/hobby use, nothing commercial.

Posts: 409 | Location: a race track near you | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
If you go on YouTube everyone raves about the prime weld and the arcaptian not sure of the spelling but both are very reasonable priced I have the prime weld tig and it welds way beyond my capabilities

Posts: 413 | Location: Natick MA | Registered: November 15, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I have the cut 50 and on 220 it will blow thru 1/2 inch. I have found it is more consistent using the 220 side than the 120. One thing I did was put a pilot torch on it, so much easier to use. I have found that most if not all cut 40/50 machines are all the same, just branded different so I would look for the best deal.

Posts: 309 | Location: Nevada | Registered: February 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod...n_title?ie=UTF8&th=1
see if this link works, it's the Plasma cutter I bought. I'd a Bestarc I bought on Amazon. Saw demos ansd reviews on Youtube and for $200 I gave it a try. So far so good, I don't use it a lot but it does what I want it to do. Have a friend that bought a cut 50 and uses it a lot and it's held up to a lot of abuse.

Posts: 1525 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I’ll look into that.

Thanks for the replies.

Posts: 409 | Location: a race track near you | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Get the titanium from harbor freight. I got one years ago and been using it with my cnc plasma table. Thing has cut literally miles of steel with zero issues. Lots of decorative things and lots of stuff for racing. Mostly stuff under 3/16 inch. But I'm sure it would cut thicker with right setup. Clean dry air isv the key. I have more in my dryer system than the cutter.

Posts: 1455 | Location: St Marys | Registered: January 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post