Find
Notify
Tools

Dragster Build
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Having new dragster built.
What are you guys using for electric fuel pump and water pump.

Posts: 23 | Location: The Beach | Registered: September 26, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
Meziere WP
Magnafuel 500 FP

All able to be serviced also if needed.

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Remote pump?

Posts: 23 | Location: The Beach | Registered: September 26, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Same and no. There is no pumping advantage standard or remoted mounted water pump. Choice is dictated by engine package/engine bay and/or personal choice. The vast majority of bracket and super comp dragsters use a standard mounted water pump.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Meziere remote pump for me, I dont have a electric pump tho

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1516 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of NC3x58
posted Hide Post
Meziere standard mount water pump and a Magnafuel 500 fuel pump. The only thing I would ever consider changing on my car would be to a belt drive pump, but for now my electric pump does fine.

Nick Craig

1971 Camaro Split Bumper
376ci LS3

Posts: 410 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Type of fuel pump also would depend on fuel type ie gas or alcohol and injection or carb

Posts: 387 | Location: Natick MA | Registered: November 15, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of diceman1530
posted Hide Post
Meziere remote pump 55gpm
Aeromotive A3000 pump

Working for the Weekend!!!!
Fordyce Motorsports

Posts: 253 | Location: Williamstown, NJ | Registered: November 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
My two cents, I will never have an electric fuel pump again. I have a Rons belt drive pump and a Dedenbear remote water pump. Good luck on whatever you decide.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5305 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cashflow:
My two cents, I will never have an electric fuel pump again. I have a Rons belt drive pump and a Dedenbear remote water pump. Good luck on whatever you decide.

I'm in that boat as well, with alcohol. Even with EFI, he belt drive pumps just seem to work better and be more reliable. Only down side to a belt pump is priming time. And that's a non issue on a carb setup IMO.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6402 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Meziere standard water pump. APD Belt drive pump. I tried the electric pump. Ran it on gasoline no issues. Switched to Alky and it wouldn't do the job. This was a Magna Fuel Prostar 500 pump. Went to belt drive and it was fixed.

Posts: 97 | Location: Ohio | Registered: October 06, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Bucky,

I still have my Facet electric pump hooked up. It was on my primer plus. Just turn it on for a bit and it fills the bowls up.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5305 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bucky,

I still have my Facet electric pump hooked up. It was on my primer plus. Just turn it on for a bit and it fills the bowls up.

I think I'm going to incorporate something similar with higher pressure with the efi. First start of the day is tough, and it would make the rest of the starts even quicker.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6402 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
quote:
Bucky,

I think I'm going to incorporate something similar with higher pressure with the efi. First start of the day is tough, and it would make the rest of the starts even quicker.

thats what I did, makes 72 psi and its small

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1516 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Meziere mount pump on our Mopar powered dragster and fuel pump is a Weldon.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 989 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Al Alguire:
Meziere remote mount pump on our Mopar powered dragster and fuel pump is a Weldon.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 989 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 369dragster
posted Hide Post
Meziere remote water pump and a A2000 fuel pump in the front by the fuel tank. I made the mount so it will take the A2000 and the Magna fuel 500.

Ken

Posts: 319 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by seabass:
quote:
quote:
Bucky,

Really a little facet makes that kind of pressure? Awesome! That's the ticket then.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by seabass:
quote:
quote:
Bucky,

Really a little facet makes that kind of pressure? Awesome! That's the ticket then.

Not really a facet but small and light weight
https://proshop.summitracing.com/parts/zex-82020

J.R. Baxter

2024 Miller
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Meziere remote pump makes clean install. Have used all major brands of electric fuel pumps, using Weldon now. Extremely happy and switch between gas and methanol multiple times with no issues.

Posts: 23 | Location: Clarksville,Tn. 37042 | Registered: December 21, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post