DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    4.86 gear to 5.29, worth the change?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

4.86 gear to 5.29, worth the change?
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of C Hodge
posted Hide Post
Mine is 8” slack. Car works good with it

Posts: 235 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: December 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:So what that means for high gear is, if markemark crosses 7150 @ 113mph his converter slip will be 13- 14% 5.14 [

My convertor is not that efficient Mike (18%). I’m very interested in where the stall flash and fall back rpm are given the weather. That last race was minus 688’ DA in 5th rd and continued to drop over the next 1.5 hrs. Stall flash was 6550, the very highest I’ve experienced.

Posts: 2614 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:So what that means for high gear is, if markemark crosses 7150 @ 113mph his converter slip will be 13- 14% 5.14 [

My convertor is not that efficient Mike (18%). I’m very interested in where the stall flash and fall back rpm are given the weather. That last race was minus 688’ DA in 5th rd and continued to drop over the next 1.5 hrs. Stall flash was 6550, the very highest I’ve experienced.

I was speaking efficient in previous posts, relative to it's efficiency in low gear. Compare low to high gear converter efficiency in your data, at say 6500 rpm, for instance.

If you got a 100 rpm's less drop back at the shift, it tells you the engine is making 25 more hp under current atmospheric conditions, on the day, at the time you make the run.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post