Hoosier C1550
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
C1550 growth

Ed

Those are Big Bubba's, you painted Hoosier on them but you can't fool me!!!!!! I saw a stack of them in your trailer!!!!!!

Laughing Hard

Posts: 2149 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DragRaceResults:
Langdon backed to backed them on 2 different cars and they out mph the other guys by .5 on both cars.

I am not sure what this is meant actually say (not to mention the lack of info on the cars they were used on) meaning how it impacts ET but GY's attempt at their versions of BB's did show more MPH in a 6.60 TD however they could never get off the line without shake so the added MPH was useless from a performance bench mark! So I will say this again, if the C1550 tires are good, that's a good thing for all as competition is good for us racers!

Posts: 2149 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am not sure what this is meant actually say (not to mention the lack of info on the cars they were used on) meaning how it impacts ET

Someone mentioned tire growth. This usually equates to mph.

Nothing in particular besides they were back to back tested a C1550 and MT BB, actually on 3 different cars on the same day at the same track. 4.30 dragster, 4.45 dragster, 4.52 dragster. They all showed same ET, .5 mph faster in mph. And they all got down the track. 1 to the W circle after 10 rounds. Take from it what you want.

SL...

Posts: 2103 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post

Shake head Holy Moly

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Laughing Hard clapping

Posts: 713 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Thurston
posted Hide Post
quote:
C1550 growth

Ed, curious what kind of air pressure your running. The Tech at the Hoosier home office told me I should rund 4.5 lbs in my 2140 lb / 4.5xx dragster.

Posts: 68 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
quote:

Shake head Holy Moly

FO SAIL? If they is 3195s i might be interested.

Jeremiah Hall

Posts: 705 | Location: Evansville, IN | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Already sold, bought 3 pairs off the trailer, that’s all they had.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
quote:
Already sold, bought 3 pairs off the trailer, that’s all they had.

You going back to MT? Or just helping some buddies?

Jeremiah Hall

Posts: 705 | Location: Evansville, IN | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I was never an emp tee guy, just helping a friend out.

quote:
Originally posted by Thurston:
Ed, curious what kind of air pressure your running. The Tech at the Hoosier home office told me I should rund 4.5 lbs in my 2140 lb / 4.5xx dragster.

5 psi

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Ed I heard only 2 sets got dropped off LOL> thanks for the help

Posts: 155 | Location: Syracuse NY | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Falling of chair laughing

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Well least you like the right kind of beer…

Posts: 1258 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I’m not much of a drinker and it’s piss water but it’s the only beer I have drank for the last 30+ years. Back in my college and strip club days I drank the original michelob.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Don Higgins Crew Chief Pro Software
posted Hide Post
The reason I have never rotated slicks is because any material that is pushed to such high stress levels, then reversed, will fail quicker.

Take a piece of metal and bend it 90 degrees. No big deal. Now reverse it and bend it the other direction 180 degrees. If you do this more than a few times the metal will break.

Same way with slicks. 300 laps on a set of tires, never rotate them at all.

Crew Chief Pro 7.980. It is not an evolution in Crew Chief Software, it is a Revolution in Crew Chief Software
Drag Racing Software and Professional Weather Stations(309) 688-2990

Visit us on the web at http://www.crewchiefpro.com

Are you a Producer or a Parasite?

Author of the book, "But Who Will Save The Children."

Posts: 1381 | Location: Bartonville Illinois | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of NC3x58
posted Hide Post
How good do the new C1550's work on slower cars like 4.60-5.00 cars? Currently running the Lil Bubba tire on our 4.90 car, curious how this new Hoosier would do on it...

Nick Craig

1971 Camaro Split Bumper
376ci LS3

Posts: 410 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TonyB6255
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NC3x58:
How good do the new C1550's work on slower cars like 4.60-5.00 cars? Currently running the Lil Bubba tire on our 4.90 car, curious how this new Hoosier would do on it...

There is supposed to be "little bubba" version of this tire using the 1550 compound coming out but I don't know a release date.

Posts: 633 | Location: Rochester, WA | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:

My advice is to use the BR3, it was outstanding when we were running 4.60s. The truth is I’m not convinced yet the 1550 is as good as the BR3 on our 4.40s car. Putting the BR3 back on our car at some point this season for comparison.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Nitzsche
posted Hide Post
quote:

I was recommended to use c1550's on my 4.90 door car by Hoosier last week. Still waiting for them.

Posts: 1364 | Location: Lansing,Mi | Registered: March 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post