DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    In the history of Super Pro bracket racing...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

In the history of Super Pro bracket racing...
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted
no one has ever won a Super Pro bracket race on a DOT street legal tire dial'd 6.45 or faster.

Can it be done 8.6" wide tread?

What do you think? Can it be done?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of AlkyIROC
posted Hide Post
It's all about consistency. If you can repeat a pass over and over again staying as close to the index as possible, the chance of you winning is always there. It's just a lot easier with a big tire car because you greatly reduce the chance of unexpected wheel spin. Knowing how to adjust the throttle stop as conditions change is no different.

It's like watching the super fast drag radial classes. Yes they can go fast on a small tire however there also needs to be a whole lot of track prep in order for them to do that. On marginal or poor prepped tracks, a big tire car will always run faster because it has a better chance of getting the power to the ground.

www.hardtail.com Stephen's Racing Page
Best ET: 9.029
Best MPH: 150.45

Posts: 1352 | Location: Calgary | Registered: June 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
Are you sure?
I bet Steve Stites has run a 330' race in his Cavalier somewhere..... Laughing Hard

goob- if ya know...

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1661 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AlkyIROC:
It's all about consistency. If you can repeat a pass over and over again staying as close to the index as possible, the chance of you winning is always there. It's just a lot easier with a big tire car because you greatly reduce the chance of unexpected wheel spin. Knowing how to adjust the throttle stop as conditions change is no different.

It's like watching the super fast drag radial classes. Yes they can go fast on a small tire however there also needs to be a whole lot of track prep in order for them to do that. On marginal or poor prepped tracks, a big tire car will always run faster because it has a better chance of getting the power to the ground.

This is a DOT (Department of Transportation), street legal tire. Mickey Thompson ET street SS with a 8.6" wide tread.

In it's description they say it handles good in the rain.

Still looking for a set of these to match the backs.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
Rick Baehr ran DOTs on his Camaro for a while. I’m sure it’s been done.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3159 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lenny5160:
Rick Baehr ran DOTs on his Camaro for a while. I’m sure it’s been done.

Evidence of being done for the first time on a DOT tire dial'd 6.45 or faster, is coming 2022.

Factory condition Muscle car Super Pro bracket racing on DOT's, ya gotta luv it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Nitzsche
posted Hide Post
I'd be interested in seeing it done with a 4 second door car. Sub 6.45 anything is pretty yawn.....unless your talking 1/4 mile.

Posts: 1364 | Location: Lansing,Mi | Registered: March 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Nitzsche:
I'd be interested in seeing it done with a 4 second door car. Sub 6.45 anything is pretty yawn.....unless your talking 1/4 mile.

The idea is the biggest hammer in the tool box, isn't required.

Same as small tire Super Pro bracket racing.

Individual Skillz non replicated.

Original

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Plus I like the looks of em, so if they're effective, why not.

Plus they're relatively inexpensive, and last a long time.

I need DOT's anyway to be legal, for street driving.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AlkyIROC:

I'm putting them on a Cadillac, trust me it won't spin.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Isn't Rollins running 5.90s at Gainesville with a ET Street?

On leaf springs?

Wake me up when you find something new....

Posts: 89 | Location: Inverness, Fl | Registered: November 14, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NortonRacing:
Isn't Rollins running 5.90s at Gainesville with a ET Street?

On leaf springs?

Wake me up when you find something new....

Has anyone ever won a Super Pro bracket race in Florida (or anywhere) on a DOT street legal tire?

Can it be done on a 8.6 tread width 255 DOT radial tire or will it take a 9.3 tread width 275 street legal radial? Smile

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:

Has anyone ever won a Super Pro bracket race in Florida (or anywhere) on a DOT street legal tire?

Yes, 20 years ago and probably others before that before that.

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I did it the end of last year on the mickey thompson et street which is dot approved.Dialing between 5.65 to 5.67 for 5 rounds.Car is registered,insured,inspected...and i drove it to the track!!

Posts: 1425 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of BD104X
posted Hide Post
Damn! Now the OP is going to have to find another made up record to break. It doesn't matter to me... I still have more wins than any other yellow Super Pro dragster with a digital water temperature gauge in all of Freehold, NJ and no one else can take that record from me.

Billy Duhs - BD104X@gmail.com

Posts: 630 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M120:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:

Yes, 20 years ago and probably others before that before that.

Back in 1985 before delay boxes, at the 98ROCK king of the street race, someone won Super Pro on a n/ 50-15 in a hippie van.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
That's right, I forgot the hippie van.

Where's the delete thread button Laughing Hard

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Great job Jenavet. Nice vision on the build.

Posts: 318 | Location: ohio | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
After driving them on the street on the third gen Camaro, and making several pulls with its 700 plus hp, and 6000 converter.

I think the performance/ consistency/ speed is gonna raise some eyebrows for those who run in the 5.90 to 6.40 et range 1/8 mile.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Corvette is nice!

Posts: 1625 | Location: UsA | Registered: October 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post