DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Anyone using a MSD 7762 boost retard module
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone using a MSD 7762 boost retard module
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
We installed one in my dads car and raced for the first time this weekend with it installed. Reviewing the logs on the grid for manifold pressure, the readings are nowhere near what they should be. I have read that you are supposed to subtract 14.7 from the reading, but that is still nowhere near right. The graph is not very smooth while under power reading from 29-51 the goes smooth once you lift reading a vacuum. I did forget that it says you are supposed to turn the ignition on for 6 seconds without the motor running so it can calibrate, so that may be why the readings are high. Do you have to do that before you crank it through out the day or just first thing when you unload?

Thanks for any input. There is almost no information online about them and the instructions from MSD leave a lot to be desired.

Posts: 35 | Location: Gilmer, TX | Registered: October 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post