DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    electric fuel pumps and e85
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

electric fuel pumps and e85
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of eric doukas
posted
Was wondering if anyone has been running a Mallory 250 gas electric fuel pump with E85 fuel. Holley that has bought Mallory couldn't tell me if there 250 pump was compatible. Tech gut said he would ask the engineers about it and call me back and never did.

Posts: 49 | Location: fallon nv | Registered: December 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of the rain maker
posted Hide Post
I used a Mallory 140 from 2008-2013 without any problems.

David Hammons
2014 IHRA Electronics Champion Gulfport Dragway
2016, 2018 IHRA Footbrake Champion Gulfport Dragway
2018, 2019 1000' Footbrake Champion Gulfport Dragway

Posts: 73 | Location: gulfport ms | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I ran a holley blue pump on my 450 hp Chevy wagon over 15 years witout any issues. Didn't want to push my luck and upgraded to a Holley black this year and I carry the old blue pump now as a spare.

Posts: 397 | Location: Plano, TX | Registered: May 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Just send it back to them for a alky conversion then you know you will be good, I did mine and the cost was not bad.

Posts: 608 | Location: nw ohio | Registered: November 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Do they still sell the methanol repair kit?

Posts: 523 | Location: Southeast | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of FastLane
posted Hide Post
I had A Comp 250 on Alky and e85 w no problems untill I sold It.

Posts: 396 | Location: Parked... | Registered: May 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post