New
Find
Notify
Tools

tire question
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
currently running the MT 3084S tire and its junk after 67 runs I just could not get it down the track this weekend I believe the sidewall is just had enough I want to switch to Hoosiers I spoke to the guy at Hoosier but I am not too confident in the suggestion of the 18400 DO6 compound at almost $880 I am wanting to make sure there is not a better suggestion for my combo.

2715 lbs
2 speed glide
1140 HP
went 8.20 last yr
the gear is set up to run the 33 tall tire so I would like to keep that height and I currently have 15 inch dia bead lock wheels so I need to stay with a 15 also

Posts: 415 | Location: Bellingham MA | Registered: October 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Don't care what brand of tire you run! The track was green this past weekend! Rubber balling up pretty much the whole track. Other had issues too, running Hoosiers.

Sidewalls have nothing to do with down track issues also.

I tested Friday, I made 4 runs, no 60' on the first one (timing system issue), the next 3 were 1.003/1.001/1.001 so the starting line was good.

Posts: 2161 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
the starting line def was good for sure. I will take your advise Al and try again then and see if I can get it down the track.

Posts: 415 | Location: Bellingham MA | Registered: October 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Wild Wild West 2
posted Hide Post
From my experience with running M/T stiff sidewall slicks, when the sidewalls wear out, the car will start going left or right randomly off the starting line. And it will NOT always go the same direction from run to run. Every time that I've experienced this, it was always the tires. New tires always fixed it.

Tim West
"Wild Wild West" Racing

mickeythompsontires.com
tciauto.com
compcams.com
www.motorsportsinnovations.com

Posts: 315 | Location: Spartanburg,SC | Registered: April 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:

Those 18400 are huge.Way bigger than the 3084S. I had them on my car one time. I think and the tread width was over 17 inches. Big mistake. slowed the car down. Mine only Runs 8.60s.

Posts: 1577 | Location: PA | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
camaro77,the Hoosier 18372(15x33) is the tire you want. Wink

Posts: 106 | Location: Indy | Registered: April 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post