Bracket Talk
3rd generation Camaro fiberglass doors?

This topic can be found at:
https://drr.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/80760912/m/7327075286

January 09, 2019, 10:38 AM
can'thitthetree
3rd generation Camaro fiberglass doors?
Anyone that has done this, if you would share info/ experience it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
January 09, 2019, 01:22 PM
markemark
I have a 3rd gen that came with FG doors and Lexan. Unknown brand. Very light and easy lift off.

I installed a door mount on the trailer interior sidewall to hang the drivers door prior to driving in. Makes for easy and fast loading. Getting in and out of the car when loaded is also very easy.
January 09, 2019, 05:10 PM
Larry Woodfin
I like the idea for easily removing the doors. The factory doors are HEAVY, even after whittling unnecessary structure.

Larry Woodfin

January 09, 2019, 05:34 PM
can'thitthetree
Markemark sent you a PM
January 09, 2019, 10:56 PM
AlkyIROC
This was my fiberglass door project back in 2009

https://www.thirdgen.org/forum...ss-door-project.html

I also take the drivers door off and hang it on the trailer wall. Makes getting in and out of the car in the trailer a lot easier.

www.hardtail.com Stephen's Racing Page
Best ET: 9.029
Best MPH: 150.45

January 10, 2019, 09:19 AM
markemark
My car came with lift off Harwood FG hood with 4” cowl. It’s held down with 14 dzus fasteners.

The 3 gallon alky tank is up front and filled after every run. I remove and replace the hood by myself to fuel the car and have a look at the engine compartment. I've even removed the hood while parked in the trailer by myself.

My car has factory F+R glass and am considering replacing with some of the newer scratch resistance Lexan. Large weight savings and the cost is not excessive.
January 10, 2019, 08:10 PM
Bad News

Gen 3 has a lot of curvature to the door, so I mounted reverse to give more room.
January 10, 2019, 08:51 PM
markemark
^^^^^^^ Very Nice and innovative. Where are the trailer wheel covers that are inside most tag trailers? Do you tow with the front clip in that up position and the hood strapped to the wall? If so very cool !!
January 11, 2019, 12:01 AM
AlkyIROC
quote:
Originally posted by Bad News:

Gen 3 has a lot of curvature to the door, so I mounted reverse to give more room.

Same here

www.hardtail.com Stephen's Racing Page
Best ET: 9.029
Best MPH: 150.45

January 11, 2019, 06:32 AM
Bad News
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
^^^^^^^ Very Nice and innovative. Where are the trailer wheel covers that are inside most tag trailers? Do you tow with the front clip in that up position and the hood strapped to the wall? If so very cool !!

Yes, the hood sits in a J track at the bottom, and 1 bungee across, was goint to put 2 dzus in the wall but this works. Wheel houses are there you just cant see them, table is sitting on top of one.

January 11, 2019, 09:30 AM
can'thitthetree
Lots of great info thanks everyone. Does anyone have any tips in general for installing fiberglass doors?
January 12, 2019, 07:58 AM
BJs Wild Ride
Got any better pics of how your door is hung? Mine rode on the mh bed all year