Bracket Talk
Throttle cable connection reinforcement ??

This topic can be found at:
https://drr.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/80760912/m/7327062186

June 18, 2018, 12:06 PM
SuperProRacer
Throttle cable connection reinforcement ??
Broke my throttle cable this last weekend. It broke at the threads where it goes into my in-line throttle-stop(SLE). The cable has small 10-32 threaded ends. It would be nice if a person could come up with a way to reinforce the threaded part of the cable end to help keep this from happening. Anyone have any ideas?
June 18, 2018, 12:22 PM
TOP38
quote:
Originally posted by SuperProRacer:
Broke my throttle cable this last weekend. It broke at the threads where it goes into my in-line throttle-stop(SLE). The cable has small 10-32 threaded ends. It would be nice if a person could come up with a way to reinforce the threaded part of the cable end to help keep this from happening. Anyone have any ideas?

I believe Biondo has one called the bullet!

Option B, get a larger diameter cable!
June 18, 2018, 12:25 PM
Cashflow
Simple solution, buy a spare cable. Put it in the trailer, you’ll never need it.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......
June 18, 2018, 12:30 PM
SuperProRacer
quote:
Originally posted by TOP38:
I believe Biondo has one called the bullet!

Found it! Something like this is exactly what I had in mind. Not worthy
June 18, 2018, 01:25 PM
TOP38
quote:
Originally posted by Cashflow:
Simple solution, buy a spare cable. Put it in the trailer, you’ll never need it.

Not with a dragster! Especially if you have an inline stop on it. They bounce around in the burnout and eventually fatigue and break. It's not a question of if, its just when... I have not seen the larger diameter cables break though.
June 18, 2018, 03:12 PM
Cashflow
My cable has been on since 2003, SLE on one end and for a lot of that time an inline stop on the other. Never broken it, and no Bullet.

Pivotdoc however has broken his and someone in Denver this week needed a 19 footer. Not sure if they ever found one.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......
June 18, 2018, 03:12 PM
Stephen Hughes
I had a 1/4” cable on my 02 car and never had an issue, still on there to this day I think...my 03 car that I still own is on it’s 3rd cable, I installed a bullet Last time it got replaced about a yeat and half ago. Both cars had single cylinder SLE set ups.

The Pull-Out....for when you want to work smarter, not harder!!!
June 18, 2018, 07:44 PM
Dave Koehler
Don't forget to put an adjustable stop under the throttle pedal.

Dave Koehler - Koehler Injection - http://www.koehlerinjection.com
Fuel Injection - Nitrous Charger - Nitrous Master Software - Balancing
99% of fuel injection problems are electric.
June 18, 2018, 07:59 PM
Bruce Williams
What Dave said^^
If you don't have a positive stop.
Those size 13's can put a lot of unnecessary strain on that cable stretching it a bit at a time until it breaks.
If you don't carry a spare cable, carry a die that will allow you to re-thread a bit of the broken end.

Bruce Lee Cool

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.
June 19, 2018, 07:55 AM
SuperProRacer
Yup, car has an adjustable stop under the pedal. I attempted to make my own "bullet" last night. After a couple of attempts(and a lot of sweat) I gave up and ordered the Biondo piece. Don't think it will be as strong as a larger(1/4") cable, but hopefully it will make what I have last a long time.